15

Buzz

Buzz 

Buzz

Jungwon's phone kept vibrating it annoyed Jay. He was about to answer it when Jungwon beat him to it.

"Hello?" Jungwon answered in a sleepy voice, clearly annoyed at whoever was calling this early.

"Baby~"

Shit. It's Ni-ki. A wave of guilt rushed through Jungwon like an electric pulse. He left Ni-ki and Sunoo at the restaurant and Jay took him home. What was Ni-ki going to think? Jungwon believes he still loves Ni-ki, despite having remembered Jay.

"Ni-ki" Jungwon answered nervously. The mention of the name peeked Jay's interest. He scooted closer to Jungwon wrapping his arms around his torso, snuggling at his side.

"Are you okay? Jay said he would take you home last night since you fainted. I wanted to stay with you but your mom doesn't know me and-"

"Yes I get it Ni-ki" Jungwon cut Ni-ki off before he could say anything.

Last night, Jungwon didn't exactly tell Jay everything he dreamt off. He skipped the part where his mother wants him to be with a girl.

"Are you still at home?" Ni-ki asked. Jungwon paused. He looked at the half asleep Jay cuddled up next to him.

"Not exactly" Jungwon didn't want to lie neither did he want to tell Ni-ki he's with Jay, afterall Ni-ki is still his boyfriend.

"Where are you then? Let's meet up" Ni-ki suggested. Jungwon agreed because why not? It's Saturday and he really doesn't want to speak with Jay after last night.

"Great see you for lunch. I'll text you the address" 

"Great! See you then!" 

"Bye baby love you"

"Bye bye love you too" Jungwon felt Jay's grip around his waist tighten after he said those words.

"You don't really like that guy, do you?" Jay spoke up, his voice deep and husky.

"Of course I do! He's my boyfriend" Jungwon stated the obvious. Jay sat up after hearing that, clearly upset. Jungwon just looked at him weirdly.

"I'm going home, thanks for taking care of me" Jay grabbed Jungwon by the arm stopping him from leaving.

"After last night, after remembering US, you're just gonna leave. You didn't remember everything, don't you wanna know? Yang Jungwon, don't you wanna stay with me?" Jay couldn't let himself break, atleast not yet. One moment they were fine and the next Jay was hurt.

"No I don't want to know." Jungwon said coldly "Jay our feelings are simply platonic. We are just childhood friends and that's all we'll ever be" 

Jungwon doesn't want to fall for Jay, despite whatever they've had in the past. Jay's changed, obviously. His life basically revolves around breaking hearts and basketball.

Jungwon knows his mother isn't accepting of these things but Ni-ki is worth risking it for. Atleast he knows Ni-ki loves him, wholeheartedly.

Having left Jay's apartment Jungwon felt empty, sad and hurt but he knows dwelling on these feelings will only make things worse.

.

"MOM!" Jungwon called for his mother as he arrived home.

"Where were you?" Jungwon's mother stood at the entrance to the living room.

"I was at umm Heeseung hyung's house" Jungwon lied.

"Really because I called Heeseung and he said he didn't know where you were" his mother tapped her feet impatiently.

"Oh i meant Sunoo's" Jungwon lied again.

"Save it. I know you're lying" Jungwon was scared of his mother. She punishes Jungwon not physically but verbally. 

"Just go to your room I'll talk to you tomorrow" 

Jungwon scurried to his room and locked the door. Crying into his bedsheets. He loves his mother but she always acts like this.

Jungwon used to think, she was just being protective but soon after he realizes his mother is just selfish. He's not sure what's her purpose in doing this but it doesn't seem to be benefitting Jungwon.

Clink

What the fuck? Jungwon looked around his room for the source of the noise. Finding nothing he just shrugged only for the clinking noise to begin again.

Annoyed, he got up and searched around only to find the source coming from his bedroom window.

Jungwon sighed upon seeing that it was Jay on a ladder, repeatedly knocking on his window.

"Jay what the fuck?! Are you mad?! You know my mother doesn't like you!" Jungwon was scared his mother would see Jay, more specifically the fucking big ladder outside their house.

"I told you not to call me that!" Jay pouted not liking his bunny addressing him as Jay.

"This is no time to joke around. Leave before she sees you" 

"I have something to show you. Five minutes?" Jay asked, showing Jungwon five fingers. Jungwon said he doesn't want to remember anything else but that's not gonna stop Jay.

Jungwon let Jay through his window. Fear building up in him. What if his mother walks in?

"This" Jay opened Jungwon's hand giving him a necklace, with the letters 'JS' imprinted in it.

"What's this?" Jungwon asked.

"Try and remember, we buried these in the park long ago"

[FLASHBACK]

"Jongseongie, auntie's going to scold us for doing this" Jungwon watched as Jay dug a tiny hole.

"It's alright my baby bunny. When we grow older, we will come back here and find it."

"But-"

"It's okay..." Jay reassured Jungwon taking the velvet box from his hands which contained the two necklaces.

Jay placed it in the small hole and covered it up, planting a cherry blossom seed next to it.

"When this tree grows old, we will know where to find it" Jay explained to Jungwon.

"But why are we doing this?" Jungwon was upset. He wanted the pretty necklace with Jay's initials on them.

" If fate wants us to be together we will come back together" Jay gave Jungwon a loving smile.

"Yahh you're only 12 years old. Stop talking like that!" Jungwon slapped the other's arm.

"But it's true" Jay defended himself, he really believes that they will come back here.

[END FLASHBACK]

"Jay...i-"

"It's okay my baby bunny, I forgave you a long time ago" Jay carressed Jungwon's cheeks.

"You dug them out yourself, when I was supposed to be there" Jungwon felt like crying he isn't sure why but breaking a promise he made to Jay hurt his heart more than anything.

Jay just stared at Jungwon, getting lost in his sparkling doe eyes that Jay has always loved. Jungwon noticed Jay's gaze falter from his eyes to his lips. The sudden movement made Jungwon bite his lips nervously.

Jay leaned in, the moonlight relfecting on Jungwon's face making the latter look ethereal.

Jay closed the gap between them, their lips fitting perfectly together. Jungwon's hands travelled to Jay's neck and Jay's hands automatically made their way around Jungwon's waist.

The moment was perfect, just like a farytale. Tears trickeled down their faces. The moment was blissful.

Until a loud bang was heard.

.

A/N: Guys thank you for reading this ff, I appreciate and love you guys alot <3