Chapter ten - The Slug Cult

~ Lives POV 

The class cleared out quickly as everyone began to head to their next classes. I made my way to the desk at the front to meet professor Slughorn. 

"ah Live thank you for meeting me, I couldn't help but see how excellent you performed in our lesson today" he turned from the board to look at me in the eye. "I must admit I was a little scared to have you in my class at first but now that I have realised your gift for potions and academics i have come to the conclusion that you are just a student like everyone here and I would like to offer you a chance to join an club that I run, it gives academically gifted students a chance to show of their ability's."

 He continued to stare into my eyes but his expression changed from professional to pleading. "Live you would do so well in my club just come and attend one meeting it's tonight at 7" 

"Professor I've only just joined the school maybe it's best for me to settle in first"

 "This is exactly why you have to come you can make new friend and meet new people" He was growing desperate I could hear it in his voice. 

"Tom will attend and Pamella to!" this was his final way to get me to join his little cult! Alexa had warned me about the cult but may this man may have a point I could gather more information about people and as Alexa had said before he did what ever the members of his 'club' wanted him to do.

 "I'll attend Professor" 

"Amazing See you tonight, oh and the dress code is formal attire no uniform please"

 "Thank you once again for inviting me sir, now I must get to class wouldn't want to be late on my first day" I turned my back to the man who had the largest grin on his face. I waved my hand in a circular motion and all my books flew neatly into my bag. Which only made the fat lump even more happy. "Good day professor Slughorn" 

"Bye Live!" 

He was waving at me as I sipped out side the classroom only to be greeted by a warm hug from my new friend Alexa. "What took you so long, you were taking forever!" She released me from her arms and smiled. 

"You know that cult you were taking about the one all the smart kids go" she raised her eyebrows slightly and tilted her head "Yes? What about it" 

"I kinda got asked to join" 

"No Fucking way!" 

"Language please Alexa" 

"oh sorry, But you've got to be joking Live" I shook my head 

"There's a meeting tonight, and I need help picking an outfit."

 "Ahh I can't wait! I think you look good in black but I could see you in blue-" she squeezed my arm tightly "Ow! That hurt" she immediately released my arm and began apologising

 "Sorry Live I just got excited, you promise to tell me everything that happens" 

"Of course but don't you have better things to do"

 "not really like I said I'm not very good at making friend that stick around, ready to go to charms?" she said offering her arm to me and I took it. I nodded my head to her and she pulled me of round corners and bends to our charms class. 

Alexa an i reached the grand staircase which was very different from the last time I was there. It was filled with bustling students talking to each other and chatting about how their summer went. 

"Hey freak!" I heard a familiar voice call, I turned round to see non other than 'Miss black'. "Yeah you, Sorting girl you think you can come into my school and try to take my place." I turned to Alexa expecting her to be as confused as myself but instead she was red faced and looked terrifying. "Ha look she's hanging with the blood traitor, Hudson" one of the girls beside her yelled, this just made her grin even more. 

"Excuse me who are you exactly?" I asked trying to be polite but I wasn't about to let her talk to me like that. "You don't know who I am! Well I'll tell you" she began to walk up to me slowly but she had a horrid grin on her face revealing her pearly white teeth. 

Alexa tugged in my arm signalling me run now but I stood my ground I want to let an untitled pureblood take me down. I'm a Grindelwald for gods sake and nobody messes with us. "I'm your worst nightmare, I'm Walburga Black!" she said as she stood only centimetres away from me and the now petrified Alexa. 

"I wouldn't be asking who you were if you were in my nightmares. I'm Live the pleasures yours" I was much taller than her though she did not look scared of me. "The Psychos got an attitude as she?" Walburga turned to the girls who stood next to her for reassurance and just as she commanded them they all started sniggering and chuckling at me. 

To her dismay when she looked back at me I hadn't moved, i wasn't scared, I just stood there facing her and smiled. "If your done trying to scare me I would like to get to class and your in my way" I turned to Alexa to was still a little scared her self but she got the message and we began to walk toward the group of girls and pushing past them gently. 

"You can't walk away from me!" She squawked

 "Well then please tell me what I'm doing now if it's so impossible" i was done playing her games I just wanted to stay out of trouble I've already caused enough of a scene at the sorting. I continued to walk with Alexa leaving a very embarrassed Walburga behind us.

"Stupify" I heard Walburga scream. But before I had even managed to cast my wandless protego, Alexa had pulled her wand out and cast the shied charm. "Protego" I heard her say. "Aww look you have the blood traitor as your little body guard how cute" 

"Alexa I've go this I don't want you to get into trouble on your first day"

 "shut up Live I've wanted to do this for 6 years now, get to charms I'll take care of her" I looked at the determination in her eyes she stood tall and armed her wand at Walburga. I hadn't realised how pretty her wand was it was Cypress wood with a red crystal at the end of it which glowed very bright. I was truly impressed by her.

 "Together Dear Alexa?" I said reaching inside my own pocket for my wand.

 "Always"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what I picture Alexa's wand to be like for those wondering

Sorry this chapter was short but I wanted to save the duel for the next chapter.

Hope you liked this chapter. 

T.