26

Rowan's POV:

I know when we arrive, because I can see brighter light through my blindfold, and I assume it is from the lanterns of the village outside the castle. A warmth flows through the air, and I am sure that it is from a fire in the town, like the large ones that people will light in the village outside our castle.

The man that Ciaran told me to call 'Master' in their language calls out, and I think he is talking to his troops. I do not know enough of their language to make out words, and I hope to not be here long enough to need to learn the language.

My horse is stopped and someone grabs my arm, pulling me off of the horse. I stumble, but I am caught around the waist and helped to my feet. From how harsh the hands are, I know it is not Ciaran's hands on me.

We are lead inside somewhere, and my blindfold is ripped off, making me blink at the sudden light, even though it is dark outside the building.

"Ah, the prince!" a woman's voice exclaims, and I see Daliah sitting in her throne.

I know it is her, because Ciaran has described her to me and I can tell it is the same woman who encouraged him to kill his own mother years ago.

"I would call him prince," she says, pointing at Ciaran. She gets up and skips over to him, pulling up his shirt and touching the jewel on his belly button. "But we know he is only for pleasure."

I glare at him. "Do not touch him!"

Ciaran's eyes widen in fear, and I know it is for me.

"You have no power here," Vladimir says, licking his lips. "Weak prince. Could not even save his own father."

Gods, when I escape, I will kill him first.

My aunt, uncle, and Emily approach the throne, bowing to the two murderers! I take what I said back; I will kill these three first, then I will kill Vladimir and Daliah. Of course, Ciaran will get to kill the evil man who claims to be his Master.

"My father died a hero. You will all die villains," I snarl, glaring at the horrible people who have hurt me and the love of my life so bad.

Daliah cackles, waltzing over to me and taking my chin in her palm, her nails digging into my flesh. "You think you are strong... poor little prince. You are nothing here. We will kill your other father and you will stay here as slave."

The evil man who calls himself Master says something in their language, and Daliah releases me, smirking at the man as she walks back to her throne.

"Have a good night," she says, making sure I can understand it.

Master chuckles and grabs my arm, putting the blindfold back over my eyes.

I assume he is trying to make sure I cannot find my way around the palace, which is smart, but I know Ciaran knows his way. I stumble as I am pulled away, but my muscles relax when I feel a familiar, welcomed hand takes my own and guides me.

A door opens and my blindfold is pulled off when I am in a room that brings a sense of cold and fear all over my body.

Ciaran stands beside me, and I want to lean on him, but with the evil man standing in front of us, I know it is not safe to do so.

Master says something to Ciaran in their language, untying his hands and nodding.

He grabs my hand, pulling me toward the corner of the room where a small pile of blankets lay, as well as a pillow.

"Master says we will sleep here together," Ciaran tells me, gently untying my hands. "He says is going to put you in metal chains for a while so you cannot get away, and if yours are off, he will put them on me so we cannot leave without each other."