𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Leahanna bit her lip in thought, "Is it because I'm not Muslim? Huh? Is that it? Because this has been going on, so why now you're tired of it?" She asked as she followed him around the house.

What? This the childish shit I'm talking about. His head whipped around as he looked at her with a crazy look on his face. He sighed, not even feeling the want to get angry again. "Leah, I didn't care about your religion when I first met you, so why would I now? What you believe in is up to you. "

He watched as the tears streamed down her face. It hurt him to see her crying, but someone had to end it. "I don't know..." she trailed off. He nodded in response.

"Exactly. Listen, we just not made for each other. I care about you and I love you, but I'm done Leah."

"I don't think there's anyone else out there for me."

It has to be, because it's not me. "You'll find 'em. I wish you the best." Not waiting for her response, he opened the door, walking out to his car, slightly shivering from the cold November air. After throwing his suitcase in his trunk, he looked up at the door, watching as Leah stood on the porch, watching him. "Go inside, it's too cold."

She shook her head. She wanted to watch him. "I can't."

He sighed, hopping in the driver's seat. He wasn't gonna argue with her. He started up the car, hearing the radio come through. He placed the car in reverse, pulling out the driveway.

Go back.

No.

Don't leave her like that. She's crying.

She'll be ok.

Shaking his head, he continued down the road.

♲︎

"Ouu, this one looks nice," Capri announced with her thick accent present. They all stopped, looking at the book she pointed out.

"It does," Zinnia nodded, grabbing a copy to look at.

"What's it's about?" Nunie asked as she tried to hide her blush from the text Mazyin sent her.

The girls had just arrived at the mall not too long ago and found out the restaurant they wanted to go had a thirty minute wait, so they decided to walk around.

Looking up from the copies in their hands, the two looked over at her, seeing her staring into her phone. "Mira una copia, chica," Capri whispered to her, causing Nia to snarl a little. (look at a copy, girl).

Nunie sighed dramatically, putting her phone away to look at the book. "Ohh, this is a book by SISTER SOULJAH. Y'all never read this before?" She proclaimed, looking at the copy of The Coldest Winter Ever.

"Yes! I knew it looked familiar. I did in high school."

"I haven't," Capri responded with a deep pout on her face. She wished she read it before.

"Sorry, baby. How about we read a different one of her books?" Zinnia said, placing the book down, looking around for the urban section.

"Yea," Nunie agreed, doing the same.

"I'ma still get this one, I feel left out," Capri pulled up her pants a little, still clutching the book.

"Well read it so you don't," Nunie said to slightly tease her. She watched her friend slit her eyes at her, making her chuckle. "I love youu," she cheesed then turned, beginning to follow Zinnia.

"Yo también te quiero" (I love you too). She said, passing Nunie up. She was walking too slow for her.

"I'm not loved," Zinnia pouted, looking back at them.