28- Lucas

In retrospect, Lucas was probably too drunk to fully understand what was going on, but he was damn well trying. What he gathered was that 'way too pretty' Edward Cullen and Leah had some crazy tension. It was so thick that you could probably cut it with a knife. Also, the three boys at Leah's side looked a second away from growling. The only one in the group who seemed calm was Seth. But the tension seemed to be getting to him too.

The moment was disturbed by a group of drunk teens stumbling into the kitchen. They shouldered past Edward and Bella towards the counter where all the bottles were lined up. Lucas and the others moved out of the way. The drunk teens barely noticing them. "Let's continue this someplace else", Tobias suggested.

"Let's go to Even's room", Andrew offered. "That way we can monitor the party from the balcony". Even made a grumbling noise at having his space offered up but didn't protest. But like Lucas, he seemed slightly too intoxicated to really care. Together the band slunk up the stairs. None of them waiting to see if anyone else would follow. They knew that they would.

"Even, Where's the key?" Lucas asked. They had locked their rooms to keep them safe from drunks.

Even blinked at him then began patting his pockets. "For mange lommer", he muttered as he fumbled for a second. His face lit up as he pulled the right key from his jeans and unlocked the door. They all bustled inside, Andrew shutting the door behind them. Tobias strode over to the balcony and cracked that door open enough for them to all clearly hear the party downstairs. The noise filtered up but luckily it was much quieter than it had been in the kitchen.

Even turned and flopped like a starfish onto his bed, bouncing a little on the mattress. Lucas thought that was an excellent idea and decided to join him. He landed on Even and they shoved at each other in a tangle of limbs. "Oi Lucas! Move your fat ass! gå av meg fyr". They kicked at each other jokingly before finding comfortable positions. Even cross legged in the centre of the bed and Lucas sat against the headboard. Andrew and Tobias choosing to perch themselves on the edges, their body language more serious.

"Make yourselves comfortable", Even waved a hand at his room. Their guests all hesitated for a second. Jacob, Embry, Quil and the Clearwater siblings all seated themselves on the floor close to the bed. Almost as if placing themselves as a physical barrier between the band and Edward. In response, Edward merely gazed over then and leaned against the wall by the desk, Bella nervously sitting in the desk chair. His face unreadable as marble while Bella seemed notably tense. The whole atmosphere in the room was thick and cloying with confusion and distrust.

"Right", Lucas clapped his hands together. A wickedly mischievous grin filling his face. "Shall I start?" He asked his brothers. Even shrugged, while Tobias nodded. Lucas' grin widened. "We know", he stated to the room.

"Know what?" Seth's voice was higher with tension.

Edward's face twitched. "They know", he repeated.

Jacob scowled at him. "Yeah. How Cullen? If it was you"-

"Jacob", Bella interrupted. "It wasn't him. You know he would never put his family in danger like that".

"Well it can't have been us", Quil snapped. "We can't tell them without permission. And we have been careful".

"Maybe we should have been more careful", Leah wrinkled her nose. Her pretty face wrinkled in annoyance and anger.

Tobias rolled his eyes at the arguing. "Could all of you be quiet for a minute so we can explain please?" His voice had a hard edge to it which Lucas always mentally referred to as his 'band leader' voice. It made them all turn and stop talking. "Thank you", he huffed, running a hand through his bed head. He turned to Andrew. "Andrew, you want to start off?"