Chapter 4 - Before the Cup...

Start from the beginning

"Just because a tent looks like a small pyramid, doesn't mean you can just bring one," Vincent complained to no one in particular. "Don't answer that."

Despite all the 'tents' unique features, what they all had in common were the flags and streamers representing either of the two teams participating in the Grand Cup.

It was only when they reached the edge of the wood did they see an empty space marked by a small sign saying WEEZLY.

"Couldn't have a better spot!" said Mr.. Weasley happily. "The field is just on the other side of the wood there, we're as close as we could be." He hoisted his backpack from his shoulders. "Right," he said excitedly, "no magic allowed, strictly speaking, not when we're out in these numbers on Muggle land. We'll be putting these tents up by hand! Should not be too difficult... Muggles do it all the time. . .. Here, Harry, where do you reckon, we should start?"

After some tinkering, they had made what looked like a two-man tent. Vincent had never built one before, so he felt an odd sense of accomplishment when he looked at it.

"How do we all fit in, oh," Vincent thought as they all fit inside. "It's definitely a lot larger than I thought."

Inside the small tent was an old-fashioned three roomed flat with a bathroom and kitchen. There were plenty of crocheted covers on plenty of mismatched furniture.

"This tent seems better than my house," Vincent thought with a wry smile. "Maybe I should get some furniture myself."

After touring the rooms, which only Vincent and Harry seemed impressed by, they went back to the entrance to find Mr. Weasley who handed them a couple of kettles and saucepans.

"You four can go get water while the rest of us get some wood for fire while the rest of us can go get fire wood," Mr. Weasley said with a huge grin on his face.

"But we've got an oven," said Ron. "Why can't we just —"

"Ron, anti-Muggle security!" said Mr. Weasley, his face shining with anticipation. "When real Muggles camp, they cook on fires outdoors. I've seen them at it!"

"...Well, I don't think he's wrong," Vincent spoke to Ron who sighed in exasperation as they trudged across the field, looking for a tap. "Oh don't give me that Ron, it'll be fun."

"Yeah...so much fun," Ron grumbled.

"Probably be more effective to have a bucket," Hermione said, bringing Ron's mood down even further.

Vincent was about to head off when he stopped and turned back. "Hey Mr. Weasley, I'll help out here instead if that's fine by you."

"Vincent, what are you doing?" Hermione asked curiously.

"Just wanted to talk to Sirius here for a bit," Vincent pointed. "Sorry, but can you guys handle it?"

The three nodded as they went off with their saucepans and kettles.

"So, Sirius, how's everything been?" Vincent asked as he gathered some twigs, making sure they were dry.

"Hah, everything's been great so far," Sirius grinned. "Out of prison, spending time with my Godson, gave the Dursley's a piece of my mind..."

"What did you—?"

"Nothing could be better," Sirius snapped off a branch of a fallen tree. "Well, except the matter with...Wormtail. It's funny, for twelve long years I've thought of killing him. Now though? Even though his still alive, not once have I thought about it. Is that strange?"

"He got what he deserves," Vincent reassured.

"I know he did," Sirius said sadly. "It's just...He was our friend, did we do something wrong that made him do this? Maybe we influenced somehow, we weren't the best examples in school. And perhaps, if I didn't decide to make him the Secret-Keeper—BLOODY HELL!"