25

Jay-z POV

It's 11 AM. I'm in one of my undercover cars, a nice blue color. It's one of the many 'blending in' skills I've managed to learn throughout the years. I watch her go into a coffeehouse where they must be selling some type of sweet that she wants to eat. I've been following her for the past 4 days. Ever since we had that talk at the restaurant she's been...different. I know that she may never fully trust me but it broke my heart when she said without hesitation that she doesn't love me. I didn't have enough time to spend with my mom or dad before they died, so love is one of the many things that I crave for. I want a wife, kids, a family. F*ck the money, f*ck the fame. I never cared about any of that. I just...I just wanted to feel loved.

"Are you sure?" Asks TyTy, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look at him quickly and I turn my head back to the coffee place. I have nothing to say. She must know what is happening.

"Whatever happened the day she ran away, didn't affect her much. She told me that she talked to her friend. Something happened that day. She must've told her friend something or Matthew was tracking everyone's lives"

"I don't think she would put you in this type of situation." Says TyTy and I chuckle.

"She doesn't love me. She may have done more than what I thought, so maybe I underestimated her." I reply drily.

"Ok, you are in work mode and you are not thinking right!" Yells TyTy.

"THAT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING! She made it clear enough for me, she doesn't care about me." I spit back.

"So why is she sucking your d*ck every single night? That's why she gets nervous when you have a meeting with people that are dangerous as hell and they could kill you just to finish the negotiation?"

"Look, you don't know her. She knows how to hide her feelings."

"Oh really? Is that why she rode her bike 7 miles with a broken ankle to kill a guy? Because she doesn't love you?"

"You don't know who she may have wanted to kill that night." I say as I feel how my anger is burning its way through my veins.

"She knew who she wanted to kill, she wasn't making a mistake."

"Ha." I chuckle. TyTy is talking trash.

"SO YOU DON'T LOVE HER?" He asks and I freeze. I avoid his gaze. "Well if you don't, go ahead and kill her and let's move on." He says as he tries to hand me a gun. I sigh.

"Of course I love her."

"So what will you do? Put her through the same shit Matthew put her?"

That moment TyTy knows that he crossed a line and he stops talking. The only person that is allowed to mention his name is Beyoncé. I don't even know if I am supposed to even let her talk about him because whenever I hear his name I go blind with rage but I can't forbid her a single thing. She is my life. She is all I have. She is the reason I wake up early to be freshly shaved and combed, I always bring her breakfast in bed only to see her smile, I always scratch her head only to feel her melt in my arms. I would walk on glass barefoot for the rest of my life if that's what it takes to keep her happy and by my side.

"Jay."

My head snaps in his direction.

"We need to fix this quickly." Says TyTy.

"I know man." I say tired. I am so sick of not getting to live a stress-free day with Beyoncé.

"Something else happened this morning and I've been trying to keep track of the person in the matter but...we lost all signal."