Roseanne nodded and found herself smiling. "Yeah, she's really nice. She's kind of private, though. I don't even know her last name, actually. Or quite what she does for a living." She filled the mugs with coffee and joined Alice at the table. "But then she tells me things like ... that she's gay. And that she's never been with anyone ever. And that she's never read Harry Potter or been to Paris. And it makes me think about what's really important to know about a person, you know?"

Alice was looking at her curiously. "So what's important to know about a person?"

Roseanne shrugged and looked down at the dark liquid in her cup. "I told her about my toilet paper collection."

She chuckled. "Man, I'd forgotten about that."

"She must think I'm such a freak."

"You are a freak."

"I never even told Jungkook about that."

Alice was quiet for a moment while she sipped her coffee. "So it's definitely over between the two of you?"

"Couldn't possibly be more over." She smiled to show that this was a good thing. Then she took a deep breath. "He was seeing some other girl."

"I always knew he was a bastard."

"Yeah, well, it was for the best. At least I don't have to feel guilty for not loving him. It makes it easier, in the end, to think of it as his fault."

"So are you seeing anyone now?"

Roseanne shook her head. "Not really. There's this guy Jaehyun that Lisa set me up with, and he's really nice and everything. We talk occasionally. But I don't know."

"No spark?"

"I guess. I like talking to him, and he's an artist. But ... yeah. I don't know. He's kind of flat. You know, boring." She wrinkled her nose. "That's a horrible thing to say, I think."

Alice only smiled. Then she said, "So you're looking for someone more exciting."

Roseanne shrugged. "I'm not sure I'm really looking, honestly. But, I guess. Not a daredevil or anything, but someone ... I don't know. Unpredictable. Maybe." She frowned and shook her head. "I haven't really thought about it."

There was movement in the living room, and then, "Do I smell coffee?" Hyeri stumbled into the kitchen a moment later and stole Alice's mug. She sat down at the table and took a long sip. "Mmmm."

"Hey!" Alice grabbed the mug back. "Get your own!"

Hyeri pouted.

Roseanne smiled and got up to get another cup. "So guess who Lisa and I met."

"Brad Pitt?" was Hyeri's guess.

"George Clooney?" was Alice's.

Roseanne returned to the table and handed Hyeri some coffee. "Jennie Kim," she said.

"Get out!" said Hyeri, her jaw dropping. "I love her." She turned to Alice. "Don't I love her?"

"She loves her," Alice said.

Hyeri leaned forward in her chair. "Girl's got awesome taste in everything. What was she wearing? Tell me everything."

Roseanne frowned briefly. "Uh..."

"How'd you meet her? Where? When?"

"She was actually at the gallery that night you guys couldn't make it," Roseanne said.

"Get out!"

Roseanne shrugged apologetically.

"So unfair. What'd she say?"