"So, what did you think?" Nayeon Im motioned to the script between them, linking her hands together in expectation.

Jennie picked up her glass of orange juice and looked at her agent with a look that she hoped didn't require elaboration.

"I thought you might hate it." Nayeon sighed. "Well, the good news is I do have something else that just came through. It's an indie, though it has a pretty good budget. Enough to pay your usual salary, anyway. The director is fairly unknown, though she's been around for a while. Her name is Irene Bae. Heard of her?" When Jennie shook her head, he continued, "Well, she's done some television shows, a few low budget pictures, nothing major, but she's got a few awards under her belt. Sundance loves her." She dug into his briefcase for the script and dropped it on the table. "She really wants you for the lead."

Jennie picked up the stack of papers and glanced at the title. "Summer's Dance," she read.

"Only catch is, you'd have to play gay," Nayeon said with a shrug.

Jennie put the script down. "I don't think so."

"Well, you've been begging me for something different for a while, so I'm delivering different. You'd even get to die at the end."

"Sounds uplifting," Jennie muttered. She glanced at the script. She'd passed up many roles in the past for the simple fact that she did not want to play a lesbian character, and yet, here was another one, beckoning. "The lead, huh?"

Nayeon smiled, cheering up. "Oh yeah. Great role, too. I think it'd be a great career move, Jennie. Get you out of that Guardian rut you're in. People see you in something like this, maybe it won't be so hard to get you some of those roles you've been lusting after."

She picked up the script again and flipped through it.

"She highlighted your part," Nayeon said.

"Elizabeth Doyle," Jennie read. "Do you know where this is filming?"

"New York," Nayeon said.

Jennie glanced up at her. "New York?"

"Yeah, they're filming on location. Where the hell is that waiter?" Nayeon looked around. "His tip is going down by the second."

Jennie chewed on her bottom lip as she considered the screenplay in her hands. The lead. In New York. I love New York. But a lesbian? "I'll read it," she said finally. "When do they need to know by?"

"Sooner the better, I imagine, though they didn't specify a date. Filming starts in March, I think. I can get you a meeting set up with the director if you want. She sounds like she'll bend over backwards to get you in this film, and that's never a bad thing."

Jennie smiled. She put the script in her bag and sat back to enjoy the suddenly beautiful day around her. "No, not a bad thing at all."

-

"Wow, maybe for him the sex really was that good," and Roseanne looked up from the newspaper she was reading to see Lisa entering the kitchen with a large bouquet of red roses.

Roseanne smiled. "Wow, who was the lucky guy?"

Lisa placed the flowers on the table and grinned at Roseanne. "Oh, no. These aren't for me. These, my friend, are for you." She picked up the card and cleared her throat. "Dearest Roseanne, I miss all of the mind blowing orgasms you gave me. I especially miss that thing you do with your tongue—"

Roseanne snatched the card from Lisa's hand.

Roseanne,
I'm sorry. Can we talk?

Love, Jungkook