─ CHAPTER SIX

06. the other woman

 the other woman

¤¤¤¤¤

"Jesus fuck" I muttered under my breath. My mom's car was parked outside my dad's house.

"Is that..." Connor trailed off.

"My mom's car? Yeah. Yeah it is" I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, you did miss practice today so... She's bound to be mad right?" Connor asked.

"You can go. I'll see you whenever, yeah?" I asked.

Connor furrowed his eyebrows, "Are you sure you don't want me to go in with you?"

"God no. She'll just explode at me even more. I'll be fine" I hugged him over the center console, "I'll see you soon?"

"Actually, change of plans. I'm gonna be with Shawn for the next few days preparing for the tour..." Connor trailed off.

"Nevermind then" I shrugged. Connor looked as if he was contemplating if he should say something or not.

"What?" I asked.

Connor sighed, "You should fix it with him. You should give him another chance because... I see the way you look at him and I see the way he looks at you. He really loves you"

I held back a scoff, "You would know this because?"

Connor averted his gaze, "I look at you the same way"

"Wait-"

Connor shook his head and met my eyes once again, "See? The thought of you with anyone else... You can't stand it. Fix it with him. You love him and that trust can be earned back. I know for a fact that any guy who's lucky enough to have your heart would do anything to keep it"

I stayed silent, not knowing how to reply.

Connor smiled, "Promise me you'll try?"

He held up his pinky. I laughed, hooking my pinky with his, "Yeah"

"Okay, I'll see you soon?" Connor asked. I nodded and stepped out of his car.

As I was making my way into the house, I sent Shawn a short and simple text. Hopefully he'd be willing to talk. I entered the house and surprisingly, made it safely to my room without an angry mom coming to yell at me.