─ CHAPTER FIVE

05. weird

 weird

¤¤¤¤¤

August was uneventful for me in terms of my personal life. Other than seeing Shawn once at the beginning of the month, we didn't talk at all... not that we talked all that much after I found out that he slept with Phoenix. Shawn was busy on tour and I was more focused on winning nationals, which I placed second in all-around (to Biles, again).

I'd also started focusing the rest of my free time, surprisingly, on music. I hated playing the piano when I was forced to learn, but now I spent a lot of time on it, facetiming Teddy for writing help. At one point, John (Mayer) even helped me with a little of it. I never planned on releasing the music to the world because of how personal they were to me, but I really liked the songs and wanted them to be perfect.

My senior year started three days into September. I'd spent most of my school days with Connor, of all people. It honestly wasn't surprising to me because in the past few weeks I'd gotten extremely close to Connor. Although, he would be leaving soon to go finish the festival tour with Shawn.

"Star, Star, Star, Star..." Connor poked me. "What?" I asked, pretending to be annoyed, "And don't fucking call me that"

Connor smiled cheekily at me, "When's your break again?"

"Uhm, like fifteen minutes. We're getting lunch right?" I asked.

"Of course" Connor nodded.

"Where from?" I asked.

Connor closed his laptop, "Guess"

I raised an eyebrow, "Uhm, Korean fried chicken?"

Connor laughed, "Korean fried chicken it is"

"You can't just agree to the first thing I say" I pouted.

Connor smiled, "Are you trying to eat out or do you want to order in?"

I shrugged, "I don't care"

"Your answer is always I don't care, kid. Please just pick for once" Connor groaned.

"I picked what we're eating so you pick then" I shrugged.

Connor playfully glared, "Alright fine fine"

After another fifteen minutes or so of me doing my AP lit classwork, I closed my Mac and sighed dramatically, "Yup, I'm over this shit. Let's get food and then I'll finish the dumb analysis"