~ prologue ~

Adelyn

"We ran out of milk." I sigh closing the fridge.

Isabelle walks out of her room, she's putting in a pair of small diamond earrings. I frown as I eye off her outfit. She's wearing a short silver skirt, a black bralette with a fishnet shirt over top, along with a pair of black pumps. Her long blonde hair bounces as she walks, her silver eyeshadow sparkles in the light.

"Sorry, I forgot. I can pick some up in the morning." Isabelle says grabbing her purse from the counter.

"Wait- where are you going?" I question.

Isabelle spends a lot of time at the club going out with her secret boyfriend. She thinks that I'm clueless, but it's so obvious she has someone.

"I'm going out with Jenna, remember?" She says grabbing her phone and clearly texting someone.

I shake my head with a chuckle. "Why do you have to be so secretive? Just let me meet your boyfriend already."

Isabelle shakes her head. "Look Adelyn, you can call him my boyfriend or whatever but- we both agreed that this is just a fling." She shrugs.

I rolled my eyes.

Thats one thing Isabelle is not good at- flings. She always catches feelings. Pretty much the only thing I'm better at than Isabelle is my ability NOT to catch feelings.

"Don't look at me like that." Isabelle sighs grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

I didn't even realise I was making a face.

"I'm sorry." I apologise.

I push myself up onto the marble counter.

"I can wait for you to get ready if you want to come." Isabelle says hopeful.

"I have a paper due tomorrow."

Isabelle nods. "You have a paper due tomorrow, or you have the break up blues?" She raises her eyebrows sipping her bottled water.

"Do we always have to talk about this?" I groan. "Joshua and I broke up months ago. I'm completely over him, you know that."

"You're on phase four." Isabelle says.

"That shit is all fake, Izzy."

Isabelle shakes her head. "Say what you want- but you know it's true."

According to Isabelle there are five phases after a break up;

1. All time low: 'The Eating Ice Cream Phase.'

2. (Pretending to) Move on: 'The Partying Phase.'

3. Sleeping Around: 'The Fling Phase.'

4. Really Moving on: 'The Finding Yourself Phase.' (or as Izzy calls it, 'The Boring Phase.')

5. Back to reality: 'The 'I'm Back' Phase.'

Isabelle puts her water back in the fridge and grabs her keys.

"I'm giving you one last chance." She says.

I shake my head. "Go have an amazing night without me." I tease.

"Don't mind if I do." Isabelle smiles opening the door.

"Call me if you want me to pick you up." I say pushing myself off the counter.

"Thanks, Mom." Isabelle teases. "Don't freak out If i'm not home by the time you wake up in the morning." She winks.

I shake my head with a laugh. "Bye."

"Toodles." She says rushing out of the apartment.

A couple minutes pass before I decide to clean the apartment for the rest of the night- oh god. Izzy is right. I am in the boring stage.

Not for long. I think it's time for Phase 5 ;)

//

Hi all!
I'm so excited for you all to read this book! I finished writing it a few weeks ago so after the editing process has been finished, I'll upload chapter by chapter! 😊 Currently, I'm still working on the epilogue/epilogues (😏) but I loveee this book and I hope you all do too.
Leave some predictions in the comments!!

Chapter 1 will be up in 24 hours.