46 | señor luis

46 | señor luis

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Monique!" Gregory's voice greets me as I'm engaged in a conversation with a seemingly prestigious couple that owns a high-end fashion boutique. They've already taken my number and ensured that they'd call me.

Sending them a farewell smile, I wish them off and wait for Gregory to approach me. He has a wide smile on his face and his arms are outstretched.

An excited squeal escapes me as I wrap my arms around him and allow him to burrow me into his warm embrace.

"I missed you." I say, closing my eyes.

He chuckles, "It's only been two weeks, Monique."

"Yes," I deadpan, sending him a lopsided smile, "It has."

Greg rolls his eyes at my antics and pulls away, instead taking my hands into his, "Where's Matteo?"

"He is talking to some of the kids from Sacred Heart." I inform, shifting his gaze to Matteo squatting in front of the kids all decked out in pristine suits and dresses, done up to the nines. He got them all new clothes to come out and have fun. "He rented a bounce house in the next room."

"Wow." Gregory says in surprise before looking at me, "He's a good man, Monique."

I can't help the proud smirk that grows on my face as I nod. "Yes, he is, Gregory. Yes, he is."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Staring up at Matteo, I can't help the smile that grows on my face. My cheeks hurt and my eyes have been squinted for some time but I just can't stop. I'm overwhelmed with love for this man who has changed my life.

I was stagnant at Luxury Travels and now, here I am, working for myself, getting my name out there — all in a place I'd come to love within three weeks.

Matteo runs his hand up and down my back soothingly, his eyes scanning my face with that familiar look — the very one he gave me on the night of his restaurant opening when he was hiding that he loved me.

He's hiding something.

Before I could even open my mouth to question him, his gaze transfers to look over my shoulder. Following his eyes, I see a familiar face from all those months ago when Matteo was dropping his sister home.