08 | both hips?

08 | both hips?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Of course, after all that went down in the suite, I feel like a hot mess. Even after taking a quick shower and dressing in my very cute outfit, I still felt like I left my soul back on that couch.

Matteo took my body into his arms and took it to the shower, but my soul just decided to hang back and try to regain its energy.

He parted ways with a 'see you soon, princesa' and a wink.

I feel like a damn ghost walking around here with no sense of direction or even sanity. I'm honestly not looking forward to meeting with anybody today. I feel dick-drunk and that's not good for a professional meeting. Especially when we have to walk around.

Walking out to the front of the hotel with my bag and phone in hand, I spot the devilish face that rendered me unable to walk for a while. He's leaning against a black, suave SUV, phone in hand.

Matteo smirks as he sees my faint limp, "Are you alright, Ms. Harper?"

I wanted to cuss him out but his driver, Rio, is stood by the driver's door, hands folded in front of the other. I send him a sarcastic smile, "Yeah, just bumped my hip on the way out."

He arches a perfect brow, "Both hips?"

I roll my eyes and step close to him, my chest a couple of inches from touching his, "Don't we have some place to be?"

His beautifully straight teeth greet me as he grins, cheekily, "I'm sure we can take our time."

"I'm walking." I'm done with his shit. My legs need a break for a day. Turning to begin my walk to his restaurant, I flip my hair over my shoulder and start, only to be pulled back by the man who's almost a foot taller than me.

His hand falls from my elbow to my hip. I try not to let that affect me seeing as Rio couldn't really see what was happening below — but he can see my face.

"What are you doing?" I gulp at the sight of Matteo's eyes flickering from mine to my lips.

Tourists and workers pass us, their attention focused on their own business. The ones who do notice us, however, probably think we're a couple.

"I'm admiring the view, Ms. Harper. Am I not allowed to?"

His double meaning urges me to rest a hand on his that's on my hip and pry it from my pants. As much as I want to melt into him and have him fuck me against the car, it's not the time or place for that.

I tilt my head in thought as he releases his hold, respectfully tucking his hand in his pocket. That's when I take notice of his arms pressing against his tight shirt, his tattoos greeting me.

Ugh, I just wanna kiss each one.

"You're always allowed to admire, Mr. Romano," I smirk, "Just no touching." With that, I step back and motion to the door. "Well, are you gonna open it or not?"

His glistening smile greets me as he arches a brow, hand moving towards the car door.

"You are quite a bossy woman, Ms. Harper."

I wink, "Thank you."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The car ride was as slow as I expected. Matteo couldn't keep his hands to himself and he took Rio's focus on the road to an advantage. One hand never left my thigh while the other was situated on his phone, scrolling through and texting whoever he needed to text.

Seeing as I actually liked him touching me, I just shifted my gaze to outside and allowed thoughts to flood my mind.

Immediately, the first thought that comes to mind is that he is way out of my league.

Look, I'm a beautiful black woman with a lot going for me, but this man literally owns a hotel, is building a restaurant to add to his repertoire, and probably has about a hundred notches of women on his belt, strictly based on experience alone.

What the hell could he possibly want with me to make a business deal that we fuck exclusively?

It irks one part of my soul — there are so many other people in this country that he could have his way with. I mean, he is a very influential man with a lot of power, so why is he fucking with an American who's working for him?

The conversation with myself doesn't get a chance to continue before we arrive at our location. The sign is already up and the name of the restaurant is written in beautiful calligraphy. It shares a name with his hotel despite it being a couple of miles away from it.

Rio opens my door and allows me to step out as Matteo lingers in the car, still typing away on his phone. I turn to him in annoyance.

"Are you done?" I ask, motioning to his rapidly moving fingers.

He holds up a finger and then waves me off, to which I step back and give Rio the go ahead to close the door. Matteo can walk out himself 'cause I sure as hell know there was a nicer way to tell me to go.

"Are you alright, Señorita Harper?" Rio questions, eyebrows furrowed as he stands in front of the door. He's around the same height as Matteo — almost a foot taller than me — so I have to crane my neck to look up at him.

He must've noticed the annoyed look on my face.

I nod, "Yeah, I'm great."

I send him a small smile before spinning on my heel and approaching the entrance of the restaurant, leaving Matteo to do what he has to do.

I don't even have the right to feel like this, I tell myself as I step in.

We're not together.

what is up w me and updating while im on the toilet 😭😭