*50 | tough it out

50 | tough it out
( how tf am i at chapter 50 already? )

50 | tough it out( how tf am i at chapter 50 already? )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's been a week and a half since I got shot and I'm still in recovery, only now, I'm leaving the hospital to go home considering I'm no longer in the high risk zone when it comes to my sutured belly.

Matteo is packing up my bag while I try to put on my pants so I can leave. Ever since our talk about his business, I've been trying not to annoy him too much.

He probably has enough to deal with anyway.

While he's withheld information from me our whole relationship, he did it for a reason. He was out — or so he thought. Santiago was the one who antagonized him, it wasn't like he was giddy to jump back into bed with the fucking mafia.

Maybe I'm mentally unstable — maybe I hit my head going down from being shot, but should I even be okay with this? Even if the answer is no, I really don't find myself giving a fuck.

I love him for more than his connections.

I just hope it doesn't get me killed in the end.

Yeah, well, it's not like you just got shot eleven days ago.

Shaking the thought from my head, I let out a frustrated groan at the stiffness in my belly hindering me from doing such a basic action.

I seemed to have captured Matteo's attention because he looks to me and puts the bag down, ready to help. I hold my hand up to stop him, "Mo..."

I shake my head, "I'm fine, baby. I just need a second."

"Princesa, you've been at this for five minutes —"

"And I almost got it." I assure him. He looks at me for a moment, eyes doe and full of concern. Holding my arms out for him, I call him over, "Come here."

He walks towards me and wraps his arms around my shoulder. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I feel as he kisses the top of my braids.

"Te amo, mi princesa." He says, voice shocking me to tighten my grip around him, "And I know you're trying to be brave and tough it out, but I'm always here. And trust me, I've spent enough time taking your pants off to know how to put them on."

His joke lightens the depressive mood and brings a smile to my face. My eyes flicker between his for a moment, and I find myself drowning in the tranquility of his brown pools.