[SUNGHOON] Phonecert

Start from the beginning

Sunghoon's voice seems to tickle your heart as you just continue smiling like an idiot while listening to him. Soon, the first song came to a close, and you exclaim in wonder as you place your phone on your bed for a moment so you could clap properly. After doing so, you bring your phone back to your ear and you hear Sunghoon chuckling.

"Was it really good?" he asks you.

"It was! It was really good," you tell him before you feel your cheeks heating up as you speak shyly. "Your voice is beautiful."

"Aw, thanks," the boy says, giggling after speaking. "So, here's my second song."

You keep quiet again while you anticipate his next song.

"I send light to reach you, I don't know what words to say," he starts singing and you smile once again once you recognize the song to be Kingdom's "Picasso". (A/N: Stan Kingdom!)

His sweet voice seems to flow as he sings, and you just can't help but keep being drawn to it.

"You're my Picasso
Strangely I love to draw now
Wherever I draw, it's a masterpiece
All my lines run towards you
You're masterpiece."

Once again, your heart starts to flutter as you listen to his voice. It's as if the words he's singing are just for you, even though you don't really know if you actually have a chance with him.

"What is that smile? Seeing it twice or more
Doesn't bore me, what is it now again?
We're tangled but together it's natural
Everything about you is perfect."

You unwillingly giggle, but Sunghoon doesn't seem to hear it as he continues singing. After all, it was pretty soft. The song comes to an end once again, you're left with a warm feeling in your chest as you breathe out a sigh of wonder.

"This is the last song for my concert," Sunghoon says mischievously and you laugh lightly at his words. "Hey, Y/N. Make sure you don't sleep on me on this one, okay?" he asks you with a teasing warning tone and you chuckle then nod.

"Yup."

Sunghoon smiles on the other side of the call, then he prepares to sing the song he saved for last. The one he wanted to sing before he would confess his feelings for you. Ailee's "Just Look For You".

"Tears don't stop constantly,
I can't leave one step."

The boy sings the song softly, letting his voice flow along with the lyrics of the song.

"Even if I meet you again and say goodbye
I can't forget my heart."

His heart is pounding loudly as he sings, contrary to the flow of his voice,  and as he nears the chorus, he can feel his emotions flowing strongly once again before he sings those words.

"I love you, I need you, I love you
Because I love you, I need you, I love you~"

Putting his emotions into every word, the boy confesses his feelings while somehow not letting you be aware of what he really feels. That wouldn't matter, though, because later on, when the song ends, he would tell you how he feels, and you'll know that he meant all the songs he sang and every lyric in them.

Sunghoon smiles softly while singing, and he hopes that when he lets his emotions out, you would tell him that you feel the same way he does.

Soon, the song ends, and Sunghoon lets out a contented sigh before he speaks through the phone. "So? How was this one?" he asks. He waits for a few seconds, but when he gets no response even after then, his brows furrow in confusion as he pulls his phone away and looks at the screen. "Is she asleep?"

Disappointment starts to form inside the boy as he lets out a sigh, then he smiles tightly before bringing the phone back to his ear. "Y/N-ah~ Sleep well, okay? I don't want you to be sick or hurt and I don't want you to tire yourself too much either. Sorry if my call disturbed you in any way. You must have been really tired..."

Sunghoon lets out another sigh before looking up at the ceiling. A small smile then forms on his face before he says the words he had been meaning to tell you at the end of the last song.

"I like you, Y/N. I really do. Good night." And with that, he hangs up and removes his phone from his ear, sighing with disappointment once again.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the call, you, who Sunghoon thought had already fallen asleep, smile, your heart pounding loudly now after you heard what the boy had told you. You know, now, that you have a chance with him, and you can't help but feel really happy while your phone is still on your ear, long after Sunghoon had hung up.

"I like you, too," you whisper to your phone before pulling it away from your ear and looking at the screen. "Goodnight, Sunghoon-ah~"

And with that, you go to sleep with a smile on your face, no longer feeling tired, and anticipating what would happen tomorrow when you go to school.

...

I know I've already said this, but...

Stan Kingdom!