47

****************************

It's two-faced

It's too late

****************************

BENTLEY

"Do you see them?" I ask, walking ahead of Harry.

He had been strangely quiet since after I told him that I wrote those words about him. I was worried I scared him away but the way he held my hand as he slept on the plane said otherwise.

His words to me yesterday were some of the most important things I'd ever been told. I was told how much I meant to my friends constantly, especially after I lost my parents, but I always thought that they said that because they knew me from before.

They knew who I was before all of this. Before the racing, before I went a bit off the rails and changed directions. Luckily they stuck with me, even after I tried to push them away.

I know that if Harry is able to see me in that light with who I am now... then there's something elevated to it. Harry and I clashed so much when we first met, he's forgiven me for some things I've said and we've been pretty open about ourselves. He's seen my fatal flaws and somehow... somehow I'm the universe to him.

"Do you remember what color Zayn's hair was?" He asks, cutting through my thoughts.

"He dyes it every 2 business days, I can't keep up." I say, scanning the airport. "Get on your knees." I tell him, and he looks at me with wide eyes.

"Baby, we're in the airport-"

"Not like that! I just can't see them anywhere." I say, and he chuckles, putting down the backpack and standing up straight, looking into the distance.

"How'd Zayn get his hair like that?" He says, and I immediately start walking in the direction he was looking at, Rumer's head towering over the crowd as I pushed through the crowd.

"Rumie!" I call out, hoping he can hear me over the chatter. "Rumer!"

He turns around almost instantly, a big smile on his face.

Rumer has a lighthouse smile to match his lighthouse persona. Always guiding everyone around him. I push through a few more groups of people before engulfing him into a big hug.

"I missed you." I tell him, and he pats my head twice before letting go.

"What? No love for me?" Zayn says, and I laugh before really taking in his look.

"Is that cheetah print? How the fuck did you do that?" I say, running my hands over his buzzed hair.

"I'm an innovator, obviously." He returns. "Where's Harry?"

Oh shit-

"I'm here." His low voice speaks, and I turn around to see him standing next to Rumer.

His facials were stoic as he looked everywhere but me. This was the Harry the world got to see. The rigid Harry. He was better with Rumie and Z, but he had been out of his element so long that those dissolved walls basically built themselves up again.

"Hey mate, nice tan." Zayn tells him.

"Thanks." He says, handing me my bag. Rumer picks up another one and Z rolls the other down to the car they had here. He throws me the keys and I get in the driver's seat.