68

AN: thank you so much for 900k. this is surreal and i am speechless. eternally thankful. you are my world. this is my passion. i love you and i love this story and what is has done for me. 

*************************

I love you now like I loved you then

This is the road, and these are the hands

*************************

HARRY

"Play it again." Bentley requests, turning up the volume.

We had spent all morning listening to Life is a Highway on repeat and it's safe to say that I was ready to strangle the love of my life to death in the passenger seat.

"Bentley, if I have to listen to this damn song one more time-"

And there goes that fucking guitar riff again.

"I think I preferred it when you hated music." I deadpan, eyes drifting to look at the GPS for a second.

Bentley had slept when we first got in the car. We fooled around in the shower and she passed out on the couch after while I got in contact with Zayn to make sure we'd be meeting the right guy in Oxford today before getting to Indianapolis.

We'd be meeting with some guy they call Pixel who was working on behalf of Felicity, who normally ran the shop that had the Chevy.

Ben didn't wake up when I was asking her to back in Cleveland, so I carried her into the car and let her sleep in the passenger seat while I drove.

I was a bit nervous she'd wake up in the midst of it and panic but I tried my best to not go too fast.

Driving with Bentley was harder than driving alone. I was a notorious speeder and didn't like being below 80 on the highway but I knew she couldn't withstand waking up at 100 miles an hour speeds.

She was distracted when she woke up though, seeing as the first thing she did was reach for my phone to play this fucking song again.

We weren't far from Oxford, where we'd be picking up the truck.

I was driving really fucking fast to cut the time of this drive short considering the fact that Bentley hasn't shut up about Cars since she woke up.

I've created a monster.

She hadn't noticed that we were cruising at a cool 94 miles per hour because of her blabbering.

"Come on Harry, sing it with me." She encourages me.

"No." I deadpan.

"Don't be lame. C'mon, I know you like singing."

"I like singing Stevie Nicks and rapping Kanye West- not this." I return.

"I finally got to liking a song and you won't sing it with me? You're the worst." She pouts, sitting back into her seat and kicking her legs up on the dash.

"S'not what you were saying this morning... or do you not remember?" I tease, but she plays dumb and gestures that I remind her. "Oh really?"

"Yeah I'm having a hard time recalling what exactly it was this morning that I was saying."

I scoff a bit, clearing my throat before mimicking her.

"Oh Harry! Fuck- just like that- you're so fucking- Bentley! I'm driving, you can't just hit me!" I say, biting back a laugh at the swat she lay on my bicep.