Massey just crumpled up one of her shirts and threw it at me. I tried catching it, but she had an extremely good arm. "Leave," she muttered.

       "Mom wants to leave soon," I said. "Are you packed?"

       "Does it look like I'm packed?" she asked, gesturing to everything. All her clothes were pulled out of her closet. "I need two more hours!"

       "Two hours?" I asked. "We need to leave soon."

       "I can't!" she said. "I don't know what clothes I should pack and Katie isn't even here yet!" Katie was Massey's best friend who was joining us on the cruise because her parents were going on vacation without her. Mom decided to invite Katie on the cruise so she wouldn't be left home alone.

       "Massey, it doesn't take long to pack," I said. "Just grab some random clothes and put them in your suitcase."

       Massey gasped. "Random clothes?! You know nothing about fashion!"

       I rolled my eyes and walked back down the stairs. "Mom, Massey is still packing. And apparently, she needs two more hours."

       "Two hours?" Mom asked. "No, we don't have the time." She walked up the stairs to talk to my sister.

       "Dad, was Mom always this stressed?" I asked him.

       "Nope," he said. "Having six kids is what made her stressed, especially since she had to homeschool one of them."

       I sighed. "I know. I didn't want to be homeschooled, but...."

       "Jeremy, it's fine," Dad said. "I know it's hard for you to be in public places. And I hope you know that she would still homeschool you if she had the time."

       "I know," I said. "It's fine. Kind of. I'll just have to suffer the pain of high school like every other teenager."

       "You'll survive," Dad said. "Possibly. I didn't."

       I knew he was joking, but still. I was really worried about going to high school. "Dad, seriously. Is high school really that bad?"

       "As long as you don't get in trouble with a sports team, you'll be fine," Dad said. "And don't even think about getting a girl pregnant when you're only seventeen."

       "I'm only fifteen," I reminded. "Wait for a year or so before that talk."

       Suddenly, Mom can down the stairs carrying Massey's suitcase. "Mom, I still need more clothes!" Massey whined as she followed Mom.

       "You packed fifteen outfits," Mom said, dropping the suitcases by the others. "The cruise is fifteen days long, so that's all you need."

       Massey frowned and sat down on her suitcase. "But what if there's cute boys?"

       "You're fifteen, Massey," Mom said. "I didn't start dating until I was seventeen."

       "Besides, no daughter of mine is dating until she's twenty," Dad said.

       "Dad!" Massey exclaimed. Carter just laughed because she knew how much Massey gushed about boys.

       "Carter, you do realize that you're also my daughter, right?" Dad asked.

       Carter shrugged. "I'm ten right now. I don't need to date."

       "Is everyone down here?" Mom asked. "We really need to get going?"

       "But Katie isn't here yet," Massey said.

       Someone knocked on the door, so Massey ran over to it. "Katie!" she said, pulling her friend in a hug. "It took you long enough!"

       "Sorry," Katie said. "It took a long time to pack. I couldn't decide what to wear."

       "Now can we go?" Mom asked. "Our flight is leaving soon."

       "Then let's get going on the cruise," Dad announced.

____________________

Lol, as of me writing this author's note, it has been a year and a half since this was first posted. cx I'm currently editing this book so it looks better while it's on hold for who knows how long? I want to get back to it, but I have too many books planned. Blame the Princes for being too amazing.

The picture attached is the cast I have so far; Spencer and Peyton List as Jeremy and Massey. I wanted real life twins to play them. cx

Anyway, if you came directly from Luke and Melody's second book, I did change the spelling of Massey's name (it originally didn't have an e in it). I will change the spelling in Luke and Melody's second book....Eventually lol. cx