That wasn't supposed to happen (pt 2)

Hayley POV

Hayley POV

What am I going to do?

All the pressure is on me. I have to say something. Freya, Rebekah, and Davina are counting on me to save their tails! Literally! 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Rebekah POV

I swam away. I had to. I've been at the moon pool for a while now.

 I feel awful, I left them alone. Klaus is probably wondering where I went. And Hayley- oh no. Hayley. She's a terrible liar. No offense. I have to get back there now. 

I started to swim as fast as I could, somehow, I was able to swim super fast

I started to swim as fast as I could, somehow, I was able to swim super fast. I'm going to call that speed swimming. Once I got back to shore, I pulled myself up onto land just in time to see Klaus asking Hayley if she was ok. She said no. No? Why did she say no? Apparently, Klaus was wondering the same thing because he asked her and she froze. I saw her stand up abruptly and walk to the ocean.

 "Hayley wait!" I called without thinking. Everyone turned to look in my direction, I was hidden so they couldn't see my but I could see them. They started to walk over to me. I realized Hayley was already ankle-deep in the water. She didn't seem to realize.

 "Hayley!" I yelled. She looked down and tried to run farther into the water but it was too late. Her tail came out in front of everyone. A group of about 10 people crowded around her. 

"Mom! It's a real mermaid!"
"Look at her tail!"
"It feels funny."

I couldn't move, my legs had come back so now I was sitting on the ground. I could see Davina watching the people move around Hayley, Freya was as well. Hayley looked mortified. She looked like she was going to cry if she wasn't crying already. Then more people crowded around Hayley. I stood up. 

"Rebekah how did you get over here and how are you dry already?"Klaus asked. 
Elijah, Marcel, and Kol tried to get my attention as well but my eyes were glued to Hayley. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Davina POV

Hayley was surrounded. There was no way to get to her unless I wanted to sprout a tail too. I wanted to scream. I looked over at Rebekah and she looked at me. Without thinking we both ran over to where Hayley was. We stopped at the water. 

"How do we get to her?" She asked.

"I-I don't know," I responded. 

Freya ran over to us. "What do we do?"

"I don't know," Rebekah's voice was quiet. She looked afraid. I knew it wasn't for her but for Hayley. 

I had an idea. "Rebekah, can you compel them? To forget what they saw?" 

Rebekah looked at me as if I had saved the world. "Yeah," she said, "I can, why didn't I think of that?"

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Rebekah POV

Of course! I can just compel them! I called out to them, "Hey everyone!"

They all turned around and looked at me. "You aren't going to remember what you saw here today. You're going to remember that you thought you saw a shark. Mermaids don't exist."

Then they all blinked and walked away, talking about the shark. 

Hayley was gone. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Hayley POV

I still have that sick feeling. When my tail appeared and those people came around me I was already crying. I don't really know why. I guess it was just all my emotions mixing together. But I felt sick. I felt like a freak. They saw my tail. 

The girls saved me. I swam away to the moon pool when I had the chance. I've been sitting here for a while. Thinking. I want to tell the guys about our secret, I know we can trust them. It's just...scary. 

While I was thinking

While I was thinking. I realized that those strangers don't even remember. Rebekah compelled them to forget. But Elijah, Klaus, Marcel, and Kol...did they see me?