There was a long silence. Neither Y/N nor Namjoon spoke at first.

"You..." now she was speaking and Namjoon tensed up from under her. "Scared that I'll judge?" He felt like the judging had already begun.

She pulled her hand from Namjoon's hold and she reached for the hem of her own shirt.

Namjoon instantly holds her hands down. "What- what are you doing?"

"What do you mean? I'll take my shirt off first."

There it is again... Namjoon felt the butterfly in his stomach do pirouettes in his stomach. A blush crept on his face and he knew for a few. That the feeling of 'liking' had become a little more.

His panicked look turned into the softest smile he's ever had. "You don't have to do that. This is not the place..." He hugged her softly and Y/N didn't hug back at first, still confused. "I'm not letting go until you hug back."

She sighs, leaning into the hug with a small giggle slipping past her lips. "You are a strange man Mr. Kim."

He pretended to be offended, looking at Y/N with his brows furrowed and his lips parted in some shock. "You are saying pretty hurtful words Ms. Y/L/N." He pouted and she reached her hands up to his face, her thumbs rubbing circles over his cheeks.

There was a soft silence as they stared at one another.

"I'm sorry." Her sorry seems to be based on something else and not on her calling Namjoon strange. "I should've told you about Chanyeol's mom." She sighed and looked down, disappointed in herself.

That wasn't Chanyeol's mom to Namjoon. That was just a woman who abandoned him after she gave birth to him. He never wanted Chanyeol to meet her... not until he's older and knows what he wants. The person in front of him has known his child for way longer than her... and he wouldn't change a thing. "I already forgave you. You have to stop stressing your little head about it."

She didn't look so sure, a small frown on her lips. "I really am sorry- I didn't mean to get in a fight with her either."

"You sure did beat her up though," Namjoon laughs and kisses her lips again, a smile on his face when he remembered the look on her face. He pulled away and kissed the small scratches on her face. "Now..." he remembered how it was he found out and a question that had been burning at the back of his head. "I'm your emergency contact?"

She freezes and slowly turns to make eye contact with Namjoon. "I know you're usually at work but so far... you're the only person I depend on."

Oh man... Namjoon felt happy, warm, upon hearing the words. "I'm glad to know." He pulled back and glanced at his work he didn't get to work on thanks to the weird turn of events.

He then traced back his thought to what was going on. Y/N sitting on his laps and how she was just about to take her shirt off. His ears were red in embarrassment but he didn't voice his thoughts.

All he did was tap Y/N's thigh and squeeze it a little. "Y/N."

She hummed and looked down at him curiously and once again, Namjoon was a fool for her. "Joonie," she jokingly called out his name and Namjoon was just over the moon.

"What do you want to do for our date?"

She shrugged, looking around for a second before looking down at her lap. "We can have a date right here."

"Here?" He was confused. No girl would offer such a place when they know the very clear financial status of their partner. "Why?"

She crawled down from his lap and sat next to him. "You're a celebrity. I don't want you stepping out in public with me."

He still didn't understand. Why would she not want to be seen with him? "Are you... embarrassed of me?"

"In what world does that make sense?!" She was somewhat angry now, her nose crunching up and her eyes staring right into Namjoon's. Oh, he really liked her...

Trying to get back to the topic, Namjoon shook his head and looked at me again. "Then why?"

"You should have your privacy. I'm not even pretty or talented enough to stand next to you... look at me" she gestured to her scratched-up face and her few tiny bruises. What did she mean? She's perfect.

Namjoon leans forward, forehead first to bump a little hard against her own forehead.

She had a little goofy face and rubbed her forehead. "What does that mean?!?"

"I like you for you; being seen in public with you... would not be a shame at all."

He was aware that he could not call her his- she's not even his girlfriend yet. No matter how much it hurts, it's true and he must find a way to come to terms with it and not ask for more out of their not relationship.

"Being seen with you would be a great honor, it would make me the happiest gal to tell the world that-" she stopped. Namjoon wanted to hear her say what he thought she was gonna say. 'That I'm yours.'

Oh... he has it bad for her. Just what is he thinking?

Is he setting himself up for heartbreak again?