Chapter 25 - All My Troubles

Warning: this contains violence and strong language.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

7 PM at Kalos.

At Vaniville Town, there was Grace, inside her house.
She was sitting at a couch and looking outside the window and could see that it's raining.

Grace sighed, she can't believe about Serena's behavior.

"What kind of mother am I? Did I raised Serena to be like that..?" she wondered.

Grace got snapped back to her mind, she can hear a knock from outside the door.

She then stood up and looked through the keyhole and can see someone. It seemed like he looks like he's a detective, working for the police.

Grace sweatdropped, she then opened the door for him.

The moment she opened the door, she analyzed his look. He was wearing a brown coat with a brown vest inside, and a red neck-tie. Quite the detective look.

The man then spoke again "May I come inside?"

Grace then nervously said "Of course..!"

She lead the man to the living room, and let him sat down on one of the couches. Grace then quickly went towards the kitchen to bring in tea.

Once she brought the tea and placed them down at the table, and sat down at the opposite with the man.

The man then took a sip from the tea and placed it back to the table, gently.
Grace was nervously sweating, she was wondering why he's here.

The man cleared his throat, then finally spoke out "I hope you don't mind me at this rainy night."

Grace then waved her hand repeatedly as she sweated "No, no! I don't mind!"

The man shifted his position, sitting properly now.

"I am known as the Looker. I came here to ask you some questions about your daughter, Serena."

Grace didn't know what to respond, so she nodded to understood.

"Now then, how did it all started?" asked the Looker.

Grace looked away from the man and said with a frown "It started during childhood."

The Looker glared at Grace with a inquisitive face, with his ears all hearing, waiting for her to finish.

"Ever since she was born, she couldn't cry, or feel any pain at all. I thought that it was amazing for a baby not to cry. But when she grew older.. she doesn't to talk to me at various times, in fact- she looked rather emotionless, with no feelings at all."

The Looker then replied "Well, how'd you handle it?"

Grace looked back at the Looker as she said "I told her to find a goal, because having a goal would make her happy, after trying out some hobbies, it couldn't work."