Book 2, ϲհɑթեҽɾ 1

"I will shoot you with this thing!"

"Oh, go ahead! Not the little pro would believe me!"

"Listen to me miss-"

"Marissa."

"Marissa, I-I'm a desperate man."

"Desperate? What do you know about being desperate. You don't know the meaning of the word. Desperate is waking up in the morning, it's knowing that every time you get behind the wheel of a car you only a tree away from ending this shithole of a life you're living. So don't talk to me about desperate!"

"You're insane!"

"No, I'm just desperate."

————
"Excuse me miss?"

"Yes miss Allen?"

"We already went through all of this months ago when we had Ms. Wiegler."

"Is that so? Then tell me what this is and explain it."

"Why?"

"When you're so obvious you already learned it when Ms. Wiegler was your teacher, then show me if it's true."

"She doesn't have to show shit. Take her word for it."

Came from the back. Matthew. He was leaning back in his chair, looking bored.

"Mr. Lewis? Did I speak to you?"

"No, but it still doesn't give right to treat all of us like shit."

"I've been trying to teach you!"

Matthew stood up. Losing his patience himself. 

"How did Wiegler even teach you. You're all disrespectful!"

Miss Claire was losing her head. Her eyes were almost red with anger. Her glasses nearly falling off her nose. Her brown hair in that braid, more hair was out of the braid. Her weird clothing style was nothing against Ms. Wiegler's. 

Everything changed as Marissa just, disappeared. No one heard from her, and the principal just said she quit to keep the talk down. It showed that she was gone. Everyone was a little scared of her and would behave when they knew she was in the building cause she knew everything, saw everything. Now? No one gives a shit anymore. Yelling, not going to class, grades dropping. The new German teacher is just, some character you'd see in a shitty tv show. I'd been living in Marissa's apartment ever since. Changed the door, the lock. You might think why the hell would I stay there? It was the only thing left of her. Her smell was the only thing left. 

They'd gotten better security in her apartment building as well. A real buff looking guy. He was nice, he liked my cooking and would sometimes come over for dinner. Lunch while he was shifting in shifts as a security guard. 

"Ms. Wiegler at least knew how to teach."

Madison said while looking at her nails. Not bothering to care of the punishment that was cooking up inside Miss Claire's head. Both me and Lou were mumbling stuff, drama was happening. She lived off of it. 

"What made this Ms. Wiegler so great?? Hm? Sounds like a big fiasco to me!"

Her hands were placed on her hips and her smile was wide, more like wicked. Pleased with herself. 

"Ms. Wiegler was a proud woman, if not the proudest of us all. She was tuff, knew how to teach them. Knew how to be respectful and get respect back but at a line to boundaries. She was always fashionable and her hair was always red." 

The principal was standing by the door. Looking awfully disappointed. 

"Oh! Principal Treson!"

She was really giving him the innocent pleading eyes, either she was in love with him or hated his guts. 

He shook his head then looked over at me. "Miss Allen, a word." He walked back out and I followed suit. 

He held out a letter. 

"You and Marissa were close, weren't you?"

I felt myself panic, did he know?

"W-What do you mean?"

He let out a sigh, patted my shoulder. 

"There was a letter in her locker in the teachers room, addressed to you. So I'm guessing you meant something to her, other then a student. I never saw anything, she was damn good at hiding it. At least to the others, her shoulders would relax as she saw you. For the past 20 years she's been working here, it's never happened to anyone. Not even her own husband."

HUSBAND

"S-She's married?"

"Relax kiddo, she's divorced."

"Oh, how did it happen?" 

"They got into a fight, in her classroom. On their anniversary or something. He thought she was cheating on him since she kept working over. It ended up being the other way around and he was kicked out of her home and her life for good." 

Shit

"Do you know where she went Amelia?"

I shook my head, he'd known of what happened. 

"All I know, she said goodbye to me then locked me in the closet and then she was gone but everything was destroyed." 

He nodded and patted my shoulder again before walking away. 

I looked down at the letter, 

To Amelia Allen.

Strange. I opened it up and started reading it. 

I've known of you since before you knew of me...