ϲհɑթեҽɾ 9

"No, I don't have time

"No, I don't have time. I've got my uh, my niece over for the night, and I don't date my colleagues. No, ye-" 

Marissa turned around as she heard glass shattering in her living room. Getting up from her bed, nearly sprinting towards the living room only to see Amelia's shaking hands. 

"I-I didn't mean to drop it. It slipped from my hands as I was washing it." 

Marissa turned her attention back to her phone, 

"Mr. Johnson, I'll see you Monday."

After she'd hung up she slowly made her towards the shaking child in front of her. Careful not to step on the broken glass. 

"Amelia, stand still. I'll go get the first aid kit." 

"It wasn't suppose to happen." Amelia's head followed Marissa's down the hallway until she couldn't see her anymore. She looked down at her hands and saw the different shade of red filling one of her palms. 

"Oh! I'm bleeding?" 

"No shit Amelia, now sta-Amelia! This isn't funny. I don't want your blood all over my floors!" 

"That's my blood. It feels so thick." 

"Don't touch it. That's disgusting." 

"No it's not, it's just strang-OW! MARISSA! That hurts!"

"Well I have to clean your wound, now would you please stand still?!" 

Marissa cleaned up her hand and wrapped it up. Tight, but not too tight. Hearing Amelia sniffle made her soften her posture. "Thank you." Marissa gave a short smile to the girl and kissed her forehead. She cleaned up the glass pieces from the floor, careful not to cut herself and threw them out. 

"Your niece, huh?" 

Marissa looked over her shoulder from the ground and shook her head. 

"Wipe that grin off of your face." As Marissa got up again, Amelia was sitting on the couch with her phone in hand. She watched her for some time. The smile that suddenly came onto her face made Marissa feel weird. She didn't know what it was, but it was probably Louise she was talking to on the phone. 

"Can you tell me what happened now?" 

"What? With my hand? Well I accidentally cut myself." 

"You dumbass, not that."

"Why do you wanna know even?"

"You promised that you'd tell me."

"Alright fine."

***

"You have some nerve, young lady."

Marissa stood in her proud posture, her head held high and her back straight. Arms crossed and that look in her eye. 

"What? I have free will to speak." 

"Not in MY class, and specially not when I'm teaching!"

"Whatever."

Marissa's eyebrow raised itself in surprise. "Excuse me?"

I started walking towards the door when my arm was yanked back and then I was on her lap. Her arm wrapped tightly around my waist. 

"No, no. You're staying here. Punishment. 

"Wh-what are you doing?! People will see!" 

Marissa let out a chuckle. "They wouldn't dare to. Now, sit still,"

"No! They will see!"

"Ich achte nicht darauf. Could you tell me what that means little one?"

Her arm wrapped itself tighter around me, making it impossible for me to leave her grip. 

"Ich habe keine Ahnung, Ms. Wiegler." 

"Nein? Warum nicht?" 

I shrugged my shoulders. Trying to remove her arm from around my waist, but it didn't work. Marissa's hand moved down, down my stomach and cupped my core through my pants. Making me gasp. I felt her teeth nibble on the back of my neck. My head slowly fell down on her shoulder and my eyes shut.

*** 

There was a knock on the door. Amelia looked up from her phone and looked over at the redhead, who was just as confused as she was. 

Another knock. Amelia slowly got up from the couch when Marissa opened the door. 

"Mr. Johnson? What on earth are you doing here?" 

Before she even told him to come in or not to he was already inside, with roses? His eyes landed on me. 

"She's definitely not your niece, why is one of our students here?" 

Marissa closed the door and walked over to me, putting her hand on Amelia's shoulder and squeezing it as if to stay quiet and let her speak. 

"What she's doing here is none of your business p, but if you must know. I was helping her with her German essay. Now why are you here?" 

But before he could answer, there was a loud sound, a gun shot. Mr. Johnson was lying dead on the floor. Amelia let out a scream or horror as she watched the blood pool around her now dead history teacher. 

Marissa felt herself panic and shoved the girl into a closet in her bedroom. 

"No! Don't leave me. Marissa!" 

Another gunshot. 

Marissa kissed the girl's cheek before closing the closet doors and locking it. 

She knew exactly who the man baring the gun was, and she knew she would possibly never see her precious little Schatzie again.