21

"Oh my God! (Y/n)!" Aomine said as he ran up to your body put was quickly shoved away by Kagami.

"Look at what you did!!" Kagami yelled as the sirens of a nearby ambulance made its way towards the park.

"Who knows what will happen now! She was trying to hard to regain her memories and look at what you did!!!"

"I- I- didn't mean to-" but Aomine was cut off as the doors to the ambulance burst open with 2 people rushing out with a stretcher.

Kagami lifted up the girl in his arms and helped the 2 men place her into a stretcher and move her inside the vehicle.

Kagami jumped into the car next to the unconscious girl placing a hand onto her and gripping it softly.

Aomine was about to enter but was pushed away. He looked up to meet a glare.

"What are you doing!? Let me help!" He yelled.

"You've done enough." Kagami stated harshly as he closed the doors behind him and the ambulance moved away from the dark blue haired boy.

1:00 am

Was what was on the clock as Kagami sat down in the waiting room shaking his left leg in anticipation.

'Is she going to be okay?'

'Will her memories still be there?'

'I don't know what I'll do if she forgets about me....'

He thought as he felt a vibration in his jacket pocket. He took out his phone to see Kuroko's caller ID.

Pressing accept he was met with panting on the other side.

'I'm in front of the hospital where are you?'

"I'm on the second floor in the waiting room. It's been a couple minutes since she's been there." He stated as he placed a hand on his forehead.

'Thanks I'll meet you soon.'

Kagami closed his phone as he leaned against the chair. The game against Too high was in a couple days and he couldn't afford to play without her. He grimaced as he heard footsteps running towards him and slowly stopping near the chair next to him.

"What happened is she okay?" Kuroko asked catching his breath.

Kagami stared at the ground. "She just got in a couple minutes ago but she'll come out soon."

"What happened?" He asked taking a seat next to the red haired male.

"I don't know. I played a game against Aomine and was about to leave when (y/n) came neat the court." He stated running a hand through his hair.

"Then out of no where Aomine pushed her onto the ground and started yelling at her to remember him."

Kuroko sighed remembering how aggressive his childhood friend could be at times. He couldn't control his emotions which often lead him to get into a lot of trouble.

They were ripped out of their thoughts when the doors to the surgery room swung open as a doctor walked out removing his gloves.

The duo quickly walked up to him.

"Is she okay?!" Kagami asked.

"She's fine don't worry. The wound on the forehead just opening up and we just had to stitch it back closed. There was some blood loss but overall nothing too serious."

They both sighed in relief, thankful that nothing serious happened.

"But we need to run some tests and x rays to check her brain activity. With her current amnesia we don't know if its gotten worse." The doctor stated crossing his arms and sighing.

"I told her to be careful." The doctor stated.

"Its not her fault she just got into a little..... disagreement is all.." Kuroko stated.

The doctor sighed through his nose before releasing his arms to the side.

"Shes asleep right now but she will be released in a week so don't worry. If you'd like you can take a quick look at her but please remember to leave as soon as possible visiting hours ended about 2 hours ago." The doctor stated as he started to walk away and the 2 boys bowed in gratitude before making their way to the girls room.

They slid the door open as they walked in quietly towards the bed.

(Y/n) was laying down sleeping with a white bandage around her head. She was breathing quietly as her hair was sprawled around the white hospital pillow.

The boys took a seat next to her. Kagami sighed as he placed a hand on the girls hand before giving it a slight squeeze. Kuroko lifting his hands to play with her hair softly. They stayed like this for a couple minutes before making their way out of the hospital.

Their game with Too Academy was not going to end well and they knew it.

Aomine dragged himself home, opening the door before slamming it shut. He leaned his back against the door before sliding down. He sat there for a moment before his eyes started to tear up.

Silent tears made their way down his cheek and dripping onto his clenched fist.

His phone rang. Lifting it up to his ear he heard his childhood friends voice through the phone.

'Dai-chan are you insane?!' He heard Momoi yell through the phone.

"Shut up!" He yelled back.

'No!' She yelled back. 'Do you even know what you just did?!'

Silence filled the two before he heard his friend speak.

'Daiki. Kuroko told me that the doctor told (y/n) to slow down the process of regaining her memories." She spoke through the phone.

He grunted in response looking back when he forced the girl to try and remember him.

'Because if she rushes it or gets into another accident. She could forget everything.'

'Permanently.'

(A/n : sorry for the short chapter but I started a new book called "piece by piece" a haikyuu reader insert. If you're interested make sure to check it out! And I'll try to update each book consistently so no one book is forgotten.)