WHY SAVE ME

*Could Have Been Me—The Struts made by unadetantaspamelas on YouTube (swipe for vid)*

~KATSUKI BAKUGOU POV~

    "Hey, Bakugou! Wanna hang out with me and Kaminari in the common room?" Kirishima stops me from going upstairs as him and Dunce Face smile hopefully.
"Pass." I state as I enter the stairwell and start walking up.
    It's not like they'll realize you're not there. No one ever does....because you're such an asshole who's a rude prick to everyone. I grit my teeth as I open my door then sitting on my bed after I closed the door.
I give a bored sigh as I grab one of my favorite novels from the shelf and flip to the bookmarked page, not finding the same spark anymore that used to happen when I had first read it.
    Katsuki why do you even try to be the greatest? You'll only come second to Deku. He's so much better than you are.
"Shut the fuck up." I hiss through gritted teeth as I step out onto the balcony and let the cold wind whip my face. "I won't lose to him." I state sternly as I run a hand through my hair as I see lights turn out in the other dorm rooms, signaling the soon to sleep teens.
    You're right....because you already have a long time ago. It says with a vile laugh as I clutch my head as I curl into myself while I lean against the balcony wall.
"Just leave me the fuck alone." I plead as I huff as I stand and grab my coat and quietly walk downstairs.
    They won't even notice you're gone, Katsuki. They won't know. The vile voice of myself states as I walk with my hands in my hoodie pockets as I head for the large gym building. Climb the steps, prove you can do this. You can't do anything else. I clench my jaw as I climb the side stairs as I head to the roof.
    Let's make this....the big finale. He coos as I pull myself to stand on the edge and look down. It won't hurt. It'll be quick. He claims as I swallow the lump in my throat.
No going back. No one will know or remember my name. I'll be no one special. I won't make history....I'll just be the boy who died. I think as I take a deep breath....probably my last. Thank you to the few people who actually tried to make me happy. I think as I lean back.
    Killing yourself....you really are a coward.

~(Y/N) POV~

"Now the next few weeks are a little bit depressing for me," Present Mic states on his podcast as I listen to the radio show on my badly broken cell phone with a (f/c) case that's littered with stickers. "so I'd like to play a song that a couple friends of mine really enjoyed." He states in a cheerful tone as he turns on a song.
"Oh, I love this one!" I say with a smile as Could Have Been Me by The Struts starts playing as I look up at the clear night sky.
"I wanna taste love and pain!" I sing out as I walk the dark campus on this cool night lit only by the moon's kiss. "Wanna feel pride and shame!" I skip around and give a spin as I smile. "I don't wanna take my time. Don't wanna waste one line!" I sing as I look up and my eyes widen.
"N-No." I say as I stare in horror as I see the teen leaning back. "HEY! DON'T JUMP!" I yell out as I start running towards the building as he starts to fall to the ground. I quickly create a cloud large enough to catch him before his hits the ground. "Hey! Are you-"
"WHY THE HELL DID YOU SAVE ME!" The ash blond yells at me desperately as he climbs off the cloud and I make it disappear. "I WANTED TO DIE!" He claims as he shoots me with a crimson red glare.
"If you want to die wait until you're old and have lived your life! This isn't the way to go! Don't close the book before the story ends just because of one bad chapter!" I state as I look at him as he gives me a surprised and taken aback look.
"Don't speak like you know what you're talking about. You don't know a damn thing about me." He states and I sigh.
"You're right. I'm sorry." I say and he looks at me taken aback. "I may not know your reasoning for jumping...but I'll tell you now that I don't regret saving you. There are other ways, better ways, that you can get through this." I say as I give him a sad look.
"We might not know each other but I don't want you to cut your story short, Bakugou." I say and he looks at me defensively.
"How do you know my name, Clouds?" He snarls and I smile as I rock on my heels.
"You won the sports festival...that's the happier version of how I know who you are." I state and he sighs.
"And who the hell are you?" He asks and I smile.
"(Y/n) Shirakumo! Hero Name: Misty!" I say with a smile as I straighten my brown jacket with my five hero pins on them.
"That's lame. Doesn't sound relating to your quirk or even have a good meaning." Bakugou states and I huff.
    "What's in a name anyway? We all just have to know a bit about a person by how they act...not what they're called." I state with a smile.
    "Quit your yammering." He states and my smile falls lightly. "You're too carefree...I find it annoying." Bakugou claims and I shrug.
    "Can't win 'em all, I guess." I state as I check the time on my phone before Tch-ing. "Still stuck on five thirty A-M. I really gotta get it fixed." I state before I look at him. "Let me walk you to your dorm. I wanna make sure you get there and don't try to do this again."
He gives me an annoyed look before it falls and he sighs. "Whatever, Clouds." He states as he runs a hand through his spiky blond locks.
"Glad you decided to join the land of the living." I say with a smile as I walk down the empty campus as I hum lightly.
"Can you stop that?" He hisses as I stop to look at him. "It's annoying!" He snaps and I smile.
"That's the thing, Bakugou," I state as I make two small clouds, each under one of my feet, before I start gliding around with them like roller skates. "sometimes you have to be annoying to have a good time!" I state as I grin at him as I go back to humming while I look around for the first year dormitories.
"There she is!" I say with a fake British accent as he rolls his eyes at me.
He gives a scoff my way as he walks in and takes off his shoes.
"Oh, Bakugou. What were you doing outside? It passed curfew a few hours ago." I recognize the friendly first year, Eijiro Kirishima, as he looks at the ash blond tiredly while taking a drink of water.
"Nowhere worth mentioning." Bakugou states monotonously as he walks away, me following after him.
"Well he seemed nice." I say as I give a wave to him but don't get one in return. "Make sure to talk to people...more people care about you than you'd think." I explain and he sighs.
"Just cut the crap. I don't need an advisor or therapist to tell me my life choices are complete bullshit." Bakugou states as he opens a door after we got to the second floor.
"Legally...I'm not one. But that won't stop me from trying to save someone." I state and he growls in annoyance.
"Why do you care so damn much if I die or not?" He asks and I look at him as my face goes neutral.
"Because I've seen this before," I state and he quirks an eyebrow at me. "and they realized too late that they had other options." I state and he stares at me before he looks away in silence.
"Thank you...I guess." Bakugou states and I give a soft smile.
"You're welcome, Bakugou." I state as I walk into his room, much to his complaint and annoyance, before opening the balcony door. "I'll see you around sometime." I say with a smile as I set on the cloud as I grab my headphones from my small (f/c) satchel.
    "Don't know if I'd want to." He states and I give a laugh.
    "Well...just know that you can talk to me about anything." I state before I smirk. "Just say my name times three to summon me!" I say as I wiggle my fingers and making ooo-ing noises.
    "Get off my balcony." Bakugou states as he crosses his arms and flicks a strand of my wispy (h/c) and light blue tipped hair.
    "Until next time then." I say with a wink to him as I float away on the cloud. "Tomorrow's a new day! Keep it bright!" I yell out as he looks at me with a slight scowl. "Wanna live better days! Never look back and say," I start singing as I listen to the song. "could have been me!" I say as I give him a wave as he looks after me before I flop onto my back.
See you soon...Katsuki Bakugou.

~KATSUKI BAKUGOU POV~

    She's definitely a pain in the ass. I think with a sigh as I change into pajamas. I kinda am glad she saved me....guess this shows that there's possibly a chance for me. I think before I give a scoff. "Great. I sound like a stupid protagonist." I think as I lay in my bed.
    "Tomorrow's a new day. Keep it bright!" The girl's words repeat in my head as I see her bright smile.
    "Because of you there's a tomorrow for me."

                                  ~🧡~

    "Her name's (Y/n) Shirakumo. She's got (h/c) hair with light blue tips, (e/c) eyes, and a coat with five pins on the left side." I say with testing patience to the two second years.
    "Sorry. We've never heard of her." The girl with black hair states as the boy nods agreement as his pink hair shakes.
    "Good luck finding her though." He states as they walk away.
Damnit. Where the hell is that girl? It's been a week since she saved my dumb ass! I thought she would've tried to make sure I was alright at least. I think with annoyance as I sit at the lunch table.
    "You okay, Bakugou? You seem a little stressed lately...and you keep talking to a lot of different people, which isn't something you normally do." Dunce Face asks and I sigh.
    "I'm trying to find someone." I state and they all look at me a little surprised.
    "Is it a girl?" Raccoon Eyes asks and I roll my crimson eyes.
    "Yes, but it's not like that." I state and Tape Arms snickers.
    "That's what they all say.~" he coos and I irk.
    "Shut your trap, Elbows!" I yell and he laughs as he grins.
    "Why're you so stressed about her? Did something bad happen between the two of you?" I turn my head as Kirishima speaks before I sit down.
    "Not exactly. She helped me with something. I owe her." I state and he nods.
    "Yeah, you definitely don't like debt." He states with a small laugh and I roll my eyes slightly.
    "You idiots are annoying." I state with a grin and they chuckle.
"You wouldn't have an interesting high school if we weren't." They state and I give a small snort through my nose.
I look up as I hear the loud whistle and look towards the front doors as people pass to and fro, but I notice the girl I've been trying to find.
She gives a proud smile and wave as she nods firmly to me before leaving.
"I'll um...I'll be back in a minute." I state as I quickly get up and head towards the cafeteria doors as they call after me. "Cloud Girl! Hey!" I call as her (h/c) hair mixes with the crowd. "Wait up! I need to talk to you!" I call trough gritted teeth as I make it out the doors and trip.
"Woah there," I give an annoyed look to the girl as I land on the fluffy but firm cloud. "cool your beans. Don't have to be that excited to see me.~" She coos as she smiles at me. "Howzit-"
"Where have you been?" I ask and she looks a little surprised as she adjusts her jacket, making me wonder why she's not in her school uniform.
"Around. I've got classes too, you know." She claims and I'm about to complain before the bell chimes loudly. "I'll talk to you later if you want. Since you seem like you missed me." Shirakumo coos with a smile and wink as she leans back and a cloud catches her before the floor does.
"Until then, Bakugou!"
"Clouds! Wait-"
"Come on, Bakugou! We're gonna be late for training!" Tape Arms calls out as him, Raccon Eyes, Dunce Face, and Kirishima wave me over.
"Alright I'm coming!" I yell as I march over, giving a glance over my shoulder. I'll see you soon, Shirakumo.