All I could hear was the family war

Lily's: POV

-Flashback-

May 24th 2019: Rosewood

I sat with my back to the door and tried to shut out the screams. I covered my ears when papa hit daddy. I put on Demi's song For the love of a daugther and tears were streaming down my face.

Four years old. With my back to the door. All I could hear was the family war. Your selfish hands. Always expecting more. Am I your child? Or jut a charity award?

You have a hollowed out heart but it's heavy in your chest. I tried so hard to fight it but it's hopeless. Hopeless, you're hopeless. Oh father, please father. I'd love to leave you alone, but I can't let you go. Oh father, please father. Put the bottle down for the love of a daughter.

Don't you remember I'm your baby girl? How could you push me our of your world? Lied to your flesh and your blood. Put your hands on the ones that you swore you loved.

Don't you remember I'm your baby girl? How could you throw me right out of your world? So young when the pain had begun. Now forever afraid of being loved.

***

I was lying in my bed and I hugged my teddy bear. The door opened and I hid under the cover.

"Sweetie, it's me." whispered Richard. "Daddy." I said and gave him a hug. "My beloved daugther." he replied and kissed the top of my head. "You're hurt." I said and patted his bruised cheek. "I'm okay, honey." replied papa softly. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." said Ric.

Daddy read a bedtime story for me and wished me goodnight. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. He gave me a kiss on my forehead before he walked out.

-End of the flashback-

Poor Lily🥺

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~