come home 2

Belch
Seven years ago I moved from my toxic hometown. I did miss my parents but I was too heartbroken to go back. But now that I'm older it doesn't matter what happened to me.

Today is the day I decided to visit my family. I kinda don't want to drop in but I also don't want to call them since I want to be a surprise. I drove a rental car since my other car is actually really nice and it could get me targeted. I drove around town for a little bit thinking about my childhood memories. I'm thinking until I hear a "momma can we go to the park" I look behind me to look at k/n. "Maybe later but we're going to meet grandma and grandpa today"

We drive up to a withered down house. "Here we are" I unbuckled k/n and grabbed his bag. I walked up to the door and rung the old doorbell. I waited and k/n got behind me. The door opened and my father came through the door. "Excuse me Miss are you loss" I guess it has been a long time. I was about to speak when my mother pushed him to the side. She looked at me and her eyes began to water "y/n yu-youve come home" she grabbed me and held me tight. "Hey Mom" she broke the hug and examined me. "Where have you been" I looked at her ashamed that I even left but happy too. "I went to Chicago" she hugged me again and broke the hug. "Hey mamma I have someone I want you to meet" I moved k/n to the side so she could see him. Her eyes widen and her jaw drop.

Now inside k/n is playing with my dad. My mom was talking to me. "So who's the father" she said smiling while watching both play together. "Oh I actually don't know" my mother sighed and looked at me. "You really don't know who the father is. I thought you'd be better than that". I laughed a little. "Infact i don't even know who the mother is" she stared at me with her mouth slightly agape. "It's a little sad but when I got my first house. I noticed him and he would walk around the neighborhood a lot. I never saw his parents with him so I asked him where they were and he said he didn't know. After that I became his legal guardian" she hugged my side. "It's good knowing you're heart is still Loving" after she said that someone walked in. I saw my sister who was so worned down she looked like she barely got any sleep. She smelt heavily of weed.

She just stared at me. Pissed, sad, and surprised. "Honey y/n came all the way from Chicago with her new son k/n" she just continued to stare. After a while she just ran to her room. My mom got up and told me she would go talk to her. "Hey Mom can I have my Dino" I looked in my bag and remembered I forgot to pack it up. "Umm sweetie I'm going to have to go to the store and get you another one" I smiled. He just replied with a little sad ok.

I was at the store. I just grabbed the nearest toy. I went to the back to find a drink to take with me. When I was outside by my car I heard a car screech by me. I look to see a familiar Trans AM. Not wanting to stay any longer I got in my car. Before I could even leave I heard a nock on my window. I closed my eyes hoping its not who I think it is.

I rolled down my window. And looked out and smiled slightly. "Yes may I help you" I see the one person I tried to forget. "I uh yeah you may not remember me but I uh just wanted to say sorry. I know I wasn't there to see one last time. But-" I cut him off. "It's ok umm. Anyways I have to get back home" he backed off my car and looked really sad. I drove off not trying to look back at him but failed.

Once I got home I saw my sister sitting at the dinner table. She just looked up at me. "Hey go sit down I'm making some food" my mother said. I wasn't sure if I wanted to sit by my sister. My son came up to me jumping up and down. I handed him a toy car. He then races into the other room. My sister glared at him.

As I sat down she sat up more. "Hey sis long time no see" she said leaning close to me. "Uhh yeah I guess it has been a long time" she just rolled her eyes. "It's nice seeing that as soon as I have a kid I get yelled at and shamed but as soon as you do it's a blessing." I glared at her. " Well you see it's different. I made sure I was ready. I made sure I was financially stable. I also made sure I could provide for the child. I even had my own house when I turned 19. Crazy right that I was prepared" she scooted her chair back. "Oh yeah you're so lucky while I'm living the best life with no kid you have a slobbering baby." She said sarcastically. I was confused what did she mean did she get an abortion. "Really what did the child support pay for the abortion." She stood up slamming her hands on the table. "If you should know you're boyfriend's genes were to weak to be inside of me so they killed themselves" I stayed sitting down. "Hmm well if you should know k/n and I are very happy in our huge house with seven bedrooms. And four aren't even being used so if you ever want to you know start a new life you can join. But after this conversation I don't feel safe with you around my son" she stared at me like I was joking but I wasn't. I like to brag about my good life only to those who are being assholes."oh wow big house lots of money. Did you get that from being petty and guilt tripping people" that's when my mother came in and slam a paper on the table. "Cut it out girls you're supposed to be older and more mature" I just stared at my sister. "K/n come on let go get some fresh air for a bit." I said and he came to grab my hand. "Well mother we'll be back just need to clear my head right now"

We had gone to the park I used to go when I was younger. K/n was playing with other kids. Something I was happy to see. I went to get icecream for the both of us since it was kinda hot. When I turned around I saw Reggie. "Oh uhh hi" he said. I faked smiled "hi" he looked at the two ice cream cones I was holding. "So who's the lucky person," just then my son came up to me. "Ooh is that for me mommy" I then handed him the ice cream. "Ooh so you're married now. It's nice seeing you happy" I laughed a little "uhh actually well I am happy just not married" he looked at me his eyes widened with hope. "Oh single huh?" I looked at him "yeah umm but I'm not looking for a relationship right now" he looked down for a second. "Well hope to see you around" he said. I really wanted to say I hope not but I'm not trying to be rude today.

Though I'd be lying if didn't want to see him and my sister get embarrassed while I'm standing there.