"Thank you Dave for letting us have her party here!" He picks Charlotte up and takes a couple things inside.

"Anything for my goddaughter!" I interlace my fingers with Aaron's and walk inside.

We set up the decorations and wait for everyone to come. I couldn't believe that Charlotte is turning one, even though I missed about 5 months. I felt really bad leaving and I know everyone is mostly over it, but there is this voice inside of me telling me that everyone still hates me for what I did. I still feel like I haven't smoothed everything over with the team. I mean what would it be like if I never faked my death. Would my family still be in danger? Would I be actually dead? Would they be dead? I guess I zoned out too long because Aaron was looking at me, worried.

"What?" I picked up the glass of water that is in front of me and took a sip.

"Nothing, y-you...are you okay?"

"I am fine just thinking about the party." I walk into the kitchen and see Rossi making a bunch of food. "Do you realize that we can just order pizza so you don't have to make all this." He turned around quickly and looked at me.

"I am not having my goddaughter eat that shitty food for her first birthday! Trust me I am going to spoil that kid, when she turns 16 I will be the one taking her to Paris or some exotic trip." I laugh and he turns around to finish the food.

I walk over to where Aaron is, "I am going to go change into my bathing suit."

I walk into one of the guest rooms and change into my bathing suit. I haven't worn a bathing suit since before Doyle happened so I really haven't let anyone else see my scars except for Aaron, and with my luck I brought a two piece. I really thought I packed a one piece, so I just threw on my suit and put a shirt and shorts over it. It wasn't like I was insecure I just don't want people to stare at me and feel bad for me, this is Charlotte's day not mine.

I walk downstairs and hear people talking, everyone is probably starting to show up. I let out a breath and go to where everyone is.

"I thought you said you were changing?" Aaron asked me.

"I did, it is just under my clothes. I didn't want to walk around in a bathing suit."

"Are you sure you are okay?" He whispered.

I wasn't mad at Aaron I am just irritated how he is brining attention to the situation. Like I said this day isn't about me.

"I am fine. We should take everyone outside." He hesitated at first then took everyone towards the pool.

Over the next hour people were in the pool, tanning, eating, and watching everyone have fun. I just took pictures and stayed out of the water. Everyone kept coming up to me asking for me to get into the water, I kept telling them 'maybe later' but I couldn't take in the courage to take off my shirt. I was reading a book when I heard someone come up to me. I looked up from my book and saw that it was Aaron.

"Why aren't you in the water with everyone?"

"I don't know, I guess I don't feel like getting in. Don't worry about me...go have fun." I get up and kiss him on the cheek and move towards the kitchen, "I love you." He follows shortly after.

"You can tell me what is bothering you, right?"

I let out a sigh and look around to see if anyone won't hear us bickering, "this isn't about me. It is our daughter's birthday and I just want to enjoy it."

"This is to about you, I am worried bout you and you won't tell me. Besides you can't enjoy the day because you aren't in the water with her. Tell me please." He whispers the last part. I just stare at the ground not answering him. "Emily!"