Chapter 29

TW WARNING:
Mention of suicide
Little bit or drugs
And abuse

Emily Prentiss POV

I am playing with Charlotte when I hear the door handle jiggle. I get up and try and think of a way to take down the person trying to get in. It is always natural instinct to think like that when you see the the things I see. The door opens and I watch as the body walks through the door, I let out a sigh of relief as I see it is Aaron. I then draw a confused look on my face.

He said he had a case. What is he doing home?

"Aaron what are you doing home?" He placed his bags on the ground and walks over to me placing a kiss on my lips. "What was that for?"

"I missed you that's all."

"Ok, what did you do?" He walks into the living room and starts to play with our daughter.

"I didn't do anything. I can't just kiss my beautiful fiancé and not say anything?" I give him the 'tell me now' look. "Ok fine, don't get mad."

"When you say that I get mad, now what did you do?"

"Iinvitedyourmotheroverfordinner." He mumbles quietly.

"What did you say?"

"I invited your mother for dinner." My heart drops, I am just about to say something but he beats me to it. "She came to the office and asked for you, we got to talking and I accidentally tell her about Charlotte. I am so sorry."

"You have to tell her to cancel."

"Why?"

"Because you just have to."

"Tell me know Emily, what is going on? You promised you would tell me when it got bad again." I walk over to the couch and sit down. I can't do this not right now, I told myself to give it a week then you can make an excuse. "Emily!?"

"The nightmares...they are just so bad. They take away my sleep and sleep is the only thing that helps me escape the bad things we see, and the fact that I feel like everyday I am getting nowhere. But when the nightmares take over I feel lost and defeated I know he is gone but Doyle is taking over my life again." He looks at me and holds both my hands. After a minute he cups my face and kisses me, the kiss is soft and loving like he is reassuring me that I am safe.

"I love you and that man is dead. He won't hurt you anymore. Just get through tonight with your mother and we can talk more I just have to tell you that no storm, not even the one in your life, can last forever. The storm is just passing by, you just have to wait longer." I look down at my hands and pick at my nails making sure he doesn't see the tears trying to escape my eyes. "You keep a lot to yourself because it's difficult to find people to understand, but let me tell you, everyone you know understands what you are going through trust me on that. When do you start to feel like this? What makes you feel so emotionally exhausted?"

I look up at him and notice a look in his eyes, the look is different, it makes me feel safe, "I start to feel like this when my mind runs and brings me back to the moments with Doyle, when a case goes bad. When I feel like this all of a sudden I feel tired and distant. Like the world had drained me for everything that I had."

"When you feel like this tell me, can you promise me that?" He lifts my chin up forcing me to look at him.

"I promise and I mean it this time."

Aaron Hotchner POV

What Emily had said broke me, it really did I never knew she was feeling like this. I get up and notice it is almost lunchtime.