Chapter 32

Aaron Hotchner POV

It has been a month since everything Emily had told me. She is seeing a therapist and is getting a lot better than she was. Emily still hasn't gone back to work, she is cleared, she just isn't ready. Emily still has nightmares just not as much. I can tell when she has a bad day because she mostly stays in bed all day and barely eats, it worries me that she doesn't eat but her therapist says it is completely normal.

Today is Charlotte's first birthday! We have everything planned out and ready to go. Pool party at Dave's. We are inviting over a couple of Charlotte's friends that she met at the park and the team. Have cake and presents, it is going to be fun!

I wake up to the sound of my loud alarm. I reach over and shut it off, I turn and face Emily. I brush her hair out of her face, and kiss her forehead. I then climb out of bed and change, trying to be as quiet as possible.

The house is silent, you could hear a pin drop. This is very rare because there is always a toddler running around the house screaming, but I woke early to get a few things done.

I grabbed a few things from the fridge and started on breakfast. I turned around to see Emily coming downstairs slowly. She was wearing one of my plain t-shirts and some athletic shorts.

"Hello beautiful!" I walk past her and place the food on the table. She comes up from behind me and wraps her arms around my waist. "How did you sleep?"

"Good morning!" I turned around and kissed her, she smiles into the kiss and we part. "I slept great! Need any help?"

"Do you want to go get the birthday girl?" She nods her head and goes upstairs.

I hear footsteps come down the stairs after about 10 minutes. I turn around and see Emily holding Charlotte, she places her down and she walks towards me.

"Good morning, my little princess!"

"Mornin daddy!" Charlotte was always a smart kid she started to talk before the kids at the park did. Mostly because she always was around Reid. I pick her up and bring her to the table.

We finished up and got ready to go over to Dave's. I had to pick up the cake while Emily had to grab the party decorations and other things.

Emily Prentiss POV

I got Charlotte dressed and grabbed everything to bring over to Rossi's. I hear the door open not shortly after I was done. I walk into the kitchen and see Aaron putting the cake away to keep it fresh.

"Hey, how did the cake turn out?" He turns around and walks up to me.

"It turned out amazing! Almost ready?" He places his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck.

"Yep! She is playing with her toys and everything is by the door." I place a kiss on his lips. He let's go of me and spins me around. "What are you doing?"

"Just having fun with the most beautiful person in the world." He kisses me again and I smile into the kiss.

"Ok as much as I love this and you, we have to go."

I grab the swimming stuff and put the things into the car. I put Charlotte in the car and we head to Rossi's. I was quite glad that everyone had the day off. I was thinking about going back to work but when I did most of the cases reminded me of my trauma. I talked to Aaron and said I would try to start next week and take it easy.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when we pulled up to Rossi's mansion. Aaron parked the car and we grabbed everything, we walked up to the door. The door opened immediately.