Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Aaron Hotchner POV

He held the gun to my Head. Someone came down the stairs and the next thing I know is I only see blackness. I couldn't hear anything. I could feel someone touching me after a couple minutes. I was knocked out cold, had no idea what was going on, I couldn't feel anything now.
4 days ago

"Three people have gone missing in Avalon, California, body's never found, and they have been kidnapped exactly two weeks apart. He doesn't stick to one race or gender." Garcia clicked through the presentation and stated.

"Why are we called in now? Three people were kidnapped in three weeks." Morgan said.

"Well they were all kidnapped differently. The first one was taken in a park, then the second person was taken in a mall parking lot, the third one was in their house. So the local police department didn't link them together." Garcia sat down.

"Ok well when we get there I want Morgan and Prentiss go to the last abduction site, JJ and Rossi go to the mall and see if anyone saw anything, and Reid and I will go to the station. Wheels up in 30 everyone." I said.

We all got on the plane and headed to California. When we got there everyone split up and headed to where they are supposed to go. We arrived at the station and set up the victimology board. When we were done I got a phone call from Morgan saying that there was no evidence left behind, that he was very organized, and physically fit.
2 days later

It has been two days and we had nothing, we know that he has a van that is connected to a company that he is working for, most likely an electric, plumbing, and phone companies. I called up Garcia.

"Hey Garcia can you cross reference those company names with someone who has recently been divorced or lost a custody battle." I asked her

"Yeah give me one second. Ok I have three names...wait two names now, the other guy was put in jail 3 weeks ago. Wait never mind I have narrowed it down to one person, because the other moved closer to his son that he lost custody of but then won and he is now in Colorado . The only person is John Braker, I just sent you guys the address." She sent us the address and we headed to his place.

Emily Prentiss POV

We headed to the unsubs house. His house was very isolated, we surrounded his house, SWAT split up into groups with us as we went around the house to find a way in. I was out front with Morgan and Aaron. JJ, Rossi, and Reid went around the house.

"I have to go in and distract him so you guys can go in. He has a hostage and I don't want him to kill him." Aaron said taking his vest off.

"Wait, what. No Aaron you are not going in. What if he takes a shot at you instead of the hostage. No way in hell are you going in that house!" I told him. "Let Morgan go in."

"What! Thanks Prentiss." He said in confusion.

"I am sorry but he is not going in there." I told him. We waited a couple more minutes, fighting about who will go in. I was talking to Morgan when I turned around and saw Aaron walking to the house. I started to run after him but Morgan held me back.

"MORGAN LET ME GO NOW! No, Aaron. AARON! Morgan please." Then he went into the house and Morgan let me go. I kept hitting him for what he did.

We waited and waited until we heard a shot fire. I ran to the house with Morgan running after me, the rest of the team rushing in through the back. I went down to the basement and saw the hostage on the ground, he was shot in the leg. Then I saw Aaron on the ground, he was hit in the head and knocked out.

"FBI DROP THE WEAPON! You don't want to do this John. The house is surrounded. Now think about this." He was holding the gun at the hostage. Then Morgan and JJ came down the stairs.

"John you lost your wife and daughter so she could marry some other guy, she also took your daughter from you, but you don't have to take your anger out on these innocent people. If you drop the weapon now we can help you. We can let you see your daughter again." Morgan said.

"You can't help me, no one could help me, not even my therapist. She is a stupid son of a bitch." He was still holding the gun to the hostage.

"Look I know you feel hopeless right now and you feel like you are the biggest burden in the world, trust me I understand but killing these people will not help that. You won't let your daughter live in a world without her dad, she needs you, she can visit you." I told him.

"I do trust you and that is why I think you can help me." He went from holding the gun to the hostage to moving the gun towards us. Morgan and I fired at him, he was for sure dead.

"Prentiss check on Hotch I got the hostage."

I went over to Aaron to check on him. I knelt down next to him and checked his pulse. He was alive just knocked out. "He is ok, just knocked out lets get paramedics down here for both of them." He then started to wake up. "Hey the paramedics are coming, just sit still."

"What happened?"

"The unsub took you out and then well we did the same thing. Well the paramedics are here so I will be outside." I gave him a kiss and headed upstairs.

Aaron Hotchner POV

I finished getting checked on then headed over to where Emily was standing and waiting I knew she was pissed. I walked up to her and she said nothing. So we all headed to the plane. I got on to the plane and sat next to Emily.

"Hey...I know you are upset at me can we just talk about it?" I asked her.

"Oh yeah, sorry, like that will fix almost being SHOT! What the hell were you thinking Aaron?" She said to me then everyone started to board the plane. I pulled her away towards the bathroom.

"ok I know that I was being stupid and I didn't think so you can blame me all you want."

"Awww that makes me feel so much better...oh wait no it doesn't we are having a child here Aaron, you can't be the hero anymore." She was so pissed at this point.

"I know we are having a baby but I am freaking out here just as much as you are. But we have to work together on this. Please we can work on this I love you so much and I can't wait for this baby to come into this world."

"I know, it's just so scary what is coming so soon and I don't want to do this alone. I love you." We kissed and headed to buckle up and head home.

She fell asleep and I finished up paperwork. It was so busy at home, We had just bought a bigger apartment. It is a 3 bedroom apartment and the free bedroom is being turned into an office. So there are boxes all over the place. We just have to move before the baby comes. We don't know if we are having a boy or girl, we just aren't waiting to find out. This was one hell of a week.

This is a short chapter but I didn't have anything to write about. I do know what I have planned for further chapters which is going to be really good. Anyways I am glad everyone likes this so far. Have a nice day everyone:)