Chapter 26

Emily Prentiss POV

When I was on my way back to my hotel I got a call from JJ. I wasn't that presentable, some of my mascara had run down my face, I had to grab my go bag anyway so I cleaned up there. Once I arrived I checked in my rear view mirror, my eyes were a little puffy and red. I walked into the building and went into the round table room. the only person who wasn't there was Hotch, he probably went to go pick up Charlotte from JJ's and waited for the nanny. A couple minutes later he arrived and Garcia briefed us on the case.

"Ok crime fighters today you are going to Parma, Ohio! Citizens there are scared for their lives because someone is attacking them late at night, by shooting them execution style."

"One bullet straight to the head. Any links to the victims?" Morgan asks.

"I could not find anything that links them, just that the unsub started to kill every three weeks then escalated to a victim every three days!"

"He is escalating quickly and we need to stop him fast, wheels up in 20 everyone." Hotch looks at me after he said that, he was trying to say we need to talk. I packed up my things and followed everyone out the door. Hotch stopped me by grabbing my arm, I looked down at his hand and he let go quickly,  "Emily?"

"Not now Hotch, I have to get ready." I then walked away and got ready to board the plane.

Aaron Hotchner POV

I knew Emily was upset but I didn't know she was upset to call me 'Hotch'. we briefed more of the case on the plane, every time I would get close to Emily she would blow me off and talk to JJ, she probably filled her up on everything. JJ was probably trying to get her to talk to me. I once looked over to her during the briefing and it looked like her mind was somewhere else, like she was overthinking something, JJ would catch her zoning out a few times and she would have to get her to snap out of it. I know she got back from being killed by Doyle so she probably is having nightmares which keep her up all night, she is tired, and I worry that she is alone and not talking to anyone about this. We arrived at the police station in Parma and introduced ourselves.

"Ok I want Rossi and Morgan to go to the latest crime scene, JJ go talk to the victims family and Prentiss will stay here and work on the geographical profile with Reid." Everyone got to work, I stayed at the police station with Emily and Reid.

"I am just going to get some coffee." Emily walks over to the coffee machine to get crappy police station coffee.

"Emily, I need to talk to you." I stood behind her but I could tell she wanted to try to keep this professional.

"Not now Hotch I have to help Reid."

"He can wait." I pulled her into an empty room and closed the door. "This isn't about our relationship, I just want to ask, How are you feeling?" She sighs and looks down at the ground, she begins to pick at her nails.

She mummers, "I'm fine." I bring my hand up to her chin and gently pull her face up so she is looking at me.

"You are going to go days, weeks even feeling 'fine', but there is going to be a day where you have a bad day, I just want you to know when you do have one of those days, I am here for you, ok?"

She nods, "Ok, thank you." She begins walking towards the door when I stop her by saying her name.

"Promise me that you will tell me?"

"I promise Hotch, I have to get back to work now." she walks out and heads over to where Reid is.

5 Days Later

Aaron Hotchner POV

There has been no change in this case, we had a suspect in custody but the unsub killed when we were holding him, so we had no reason of keeping him. Emily and I have been talking more, just about the case, which I am fine with because I want to keep it professional. we had narrowed down the unsubs general liking of the killings and had decided to have people stationed around the geographical profile that Reid put together. Everyone would stake out with the local officers and try to catch this guy. I was with Dave and Officer Johnston, the head of the local police station. JJ and Reid with another officer, Morgan with two officers, and Emily with one. Garcia also had eyes on the cameras to see if she could get better eyes on the guy.