Chapter 28 ~ Best Friend

Comincia dall'inizio

He chuckled then we split our ways when I saw mom and Kean waiting by the car. There was also another person with them but I couldn't make them out. As I stepped closer to them the smile that was once on my face turned to a deep glare as I realized who the person was standing with them.

Star.

Kean was the first to notice that I had arrived, "Y/N! My sweet, loving, forgiving Y/N Star wants to talk to you."

"Well, I don't want to talk to him!"

"Hun he's right here. He's your best friend," Mom said looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"I don't see a blond guy with a lightning streak in his hair here. Whoever you speak of must simply not exist," I said crossing my arms and looking away. I knew it was childish but I couldn't care less.

"Y/N I am right he-" Star attempted to say before I cut him off.

"DO NOT SAY MY NAME!" I angrily yelled looking back at the group.

"Y/N at least hear him out." Mom pleaded with me. I felt guilty hearing mom plead with me. I was not the only one who loved him. He was like a second brother in my family. The only reason I am doing this is for mom's sake. He was the one that decided to end our friendship, not me. I glared at Star before giving a nod, "Fine," was all I could force out of my mouth.

"Thank you hun." mom said giving me a slight smile. "Do you want us to stay? We could take you home when you guys are done," Kean said clearing his throat in an effort to relieve the tension.

"I rather walk home," I said still glaring at Star as he awkwardly stood there. Kean gave me one last look as if worried about what I'd do before getting into the car with mom and driving off.

There was a moment of silence between Star and me.

"Speak or I'm leaving!" I said furiously. "I saw the news yesterday. I am glad you are okay." Star said looking at me with sad eyes with a slight smile paired with it. "Cut the bullshit and get to the point!" I said already losing what little patience I started with.

Star closed the rather large distance between us grabbing ahold of my hand. I was so irritated that he had the audacity to touch me after what he did. I yanked my hand away from him wanting nothing but to slap him across the face but we were still on school grounds and I didn't feel like getting in trouble cause of him.

"Speak bitch or I am leaving! Don't even try to lay a finger on me if you still want to keep it."

Star looked at me obviously hurt at my words. He should be hurt. I want him to be hurt

"I- I want us to be friends again and put all that nastiness behind us." Star stuttered out. I looked at him like he couldn't be serious. Was this supposed to be his apology!?

"No," I said simply. He looked at me with shock as if he didn't expect that answer.

"You don't get to that! You don't get to walk out on me for only God knows why and expect me to just welcome you back as if nothing happened! I spent days literal days crying over you leaving me. I was hurting and hoping it was just some prank. I called you multiple times with no answer! AND YOU CALL THAT AN APOLOGY? A DOG IS MORE CAPABLE OF FEELING REMORSE THAN YOU!" I felt so angry as I yelled at him.

"Y/N-" He started to say as he walked to me again in an attempt to hold me. "DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!" I yelled as I slapped him across the face. The sound of the impact echoed in the silence between us. He held his face in complete shock looking at me wide-eyed that I laid my hands on him.

"I'm sorry but I warned you not to touch me yet you didn't listen. I only stayed here and listened to humor mom and now I am done. Done with you and your bullshit. I don't want to see you. I don't want to hear from you. I don't even want to be in the same room as you. I would have preferred another stupid quirk letter than having to look at you. The only good thing that ever came out of our friendship was you pushing me to become a hero cause now I have met people that are 100 times better than you will ever be." Each word that came out of my mouth was seeping with venom. I wanted him to hurt as I hurt. I wanted him to go in the same depressive spiral that he caused for me.