chapter thirteen

PP (I will now only ever refer to you as this, it's my new favorite thing),

Has anyone told you you're kind of a bloody bitch? Because they should. You owl me, asking for help, and insult me numerous times all the while. It's not very helpful to your task, mate. But, like whatever, I am very interested in whatever the fuck kind of plan you have going on to stop Voldy. Any assistance I give you isn't really for you, PP, because you are a straight up asshole. I'd just like to do anything in my power to not let the Dark Lord rise to power again, thank you very much.

Attached, you'll find some good shit. Mione was actually interested in becoming an Animagus... before we went on our Horocrux hunt, that is. So you're in luck. She's done too much bloody research on it. Take it, read over it, nut to it, I don't care.

Unfortunately, Mione never found much reason to look into trapping an Animagus in their animal form, so she hasn't much on it. There's just one spell she'd been designing— had apperantly been working on it over a span of years, she was brilliant, wasn't she?— but it's not completely done. Needs a few tweaks in the magical formula, shit like that. Should be easy enough to fill in on your own.

Good luck on this saving the world shit,
Ron Weasley.

∆¶∆

It's cold. He's been so cold since he was born (reborn) into the world, but it's a feeling that's been fading the longer he exists. He's getting warmer. It's nice.

He's getting stronger.

He can feel his magic, previously a full numb beneath in his flesh, now pulsing across his fingertips. He doesn't have a wand (he doesn't need one.)

It's one evening that he takes a change from merely resting, when things become ever so interesting for him. He goes to bed that night and enters into a familiar dreamland. Jackson and his other self are there, information is regularly given and plans discussed. It's an odd trio, with two thirds of them being the same person (being the same soul, but different slivers), but it's the best one he's ever been a part of.

There's news today (as there is everyday), and Jackson reports that Ron has exchanged letters with Pansy. They've been careful not to tell him this, the other odd group that opposes them, but Jackson recognizes the owl who brought Weasly's letter. Their efforts to stop the flow of information prove heavily futile, it is almost laughable.

There's a lot of things going on on Jackson's side— he's been trying to put a wrench in the plans that surround his vessel to varying degrees of success. But he has been resting, not doing much else (if anything), and letting Jackson take what route he deems best.

He thinks it's time to step up.

Jackson is mostly bidding time now, waiting for him to return to full power before making any extremely rash moves— he wants to do more but Harry proves meddlesome still. He's ready to help further the plan along, give it a push that will give them tangible momentum.

That is, perhaps, why he finds himself outside of the Burrow weilding his small but raw magic like a sword.

It's dark when he arrives. No one is up, as the hustle and bustle of the too-tall house is unheard of. The door opens with a small tug of magic and he's in. Just like that. So easily, it's simply incredible (magic is simply incredible.)

He closes his eyes a moment, letting his core reach out and feel the magical auras of the household, trying for one in particular. It wouldn't do him any good to sneak in only to get caught going into the wrong room. He doesn't know if he's powerful enough for more than one kill yet, and he's not interested in risking it.

The aura is distinct, easily found and even easier followed. He creeps up the staircase, which is long, too long (so much house, so many kids even with one gone, must Wealsy's reproduce like rabbits? It's rather disgusting, he finds.) He opens the door with a small click, and just like that he's in.

Ron is sleeping in his bed and a distant part of the man feels bad for kicking an enemy while he's down (he is not special for winning a game against someone he knew was never playing,) but it is not enough to stop him. He reaches his hand out, preparing his magic for his iconic killing curse, but stops himself.

This is what caused his downfall the first time around. He could've (should've) killed Harry Potter with muggle methods but, because he didn't, he fell from power. Babies are incredibly fragile, why he didn't just step on it's head is beyond him. He will not make the same mistake again. As long as Ronald is restrained and he is not  ambushed while commiting the deed, there is little need for magic. Avada Kedavra is so overdone anyway.

He casts a body bind charm on the sleeping redhead and transfigures a book into a common kitchen knife.

One slit later (it's that easy, just like that, how incredibly fragile they prove themselves) and Ron lies dead where he slept. There is no sportsmanship in the air that night but there is victory (and blood too, lots of blood, why just muggle methods be so messy?) He realizes with startling clarity that for the first time since his resurrection, he is not cold, not mildly warm, but hot. He swims in the unfamiliar feeling. It's as wonderful as he remembers.

Overall, he's satisfied. He surveys the room a moment more, basking in the sight of it, but decides to take nothing except Ronald Weasly's former wand.

He won't be needing it, after all.

∆¶∆

Luna shoots awake with a start. Something, she feels (deep in the heart she hopes she has) is terribly, terribly wrong.

a/n
killed off Ron for Valentine's day lol
i also have a book of Valentine's day drarry one shots if you'd like to check it out-- newest post on my message board
word count: 1010