Chapter 30: The Trouble With Human Beings (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

I hate being the decider in arguments, but the answer for this question I know for a fact.

"Nutella."

"In your face, Vincy!" Kelly exclaims, doing some weird victory dance that makes the both of us laugh.

"Of course she'll agree with you. You're her best friend. She has no choice." Vince retorts, leaning against Kelly's closed locker.

"I do have a choice. Nutella for the win, Mr. Jock." I stuck my tongue out playfully, joining in Kelly's weird victory dance.

"Remind me never to invite you two to a party if you're going to dance like that." Vince says with a laugh. "Speaking of parties....Anyone heard about the party Luke is throwing tomorrow?" 

"I heard. Hear it's going to be big since it's like the second party since school opened." Kelly answers

"Even if I was invited which I'm probably not; I wouldn't go." I say and Kelly nods, remembering our last encounter with Luke.

"I'm probably not on his guest list... He probably still feels that kick when he's asleep." She jokes with a sly grin on her face.

"No children for him." I sang, opening my locker.

"You kicked him in the balls?" Vince asks in shock.

"Well if I chose the face, it would be too noticeable, wouldn't it?" Kelly smiles maliciously

Vince shrugs agreeingly and wraps an arm around Kelly's shoulder "I've taught you too well. Now let us go to class." He says ever so proper

"Catch ya later, Siri-gator" Kelly yells over her shoulder as they leave.

"Still not feeling that." I mutter to myself as I take out my books for second period which is of course English.

My favorite subject.

"There's my favorite loser."

I didn't have to turn around to know who those words came from.

"What do you want, Serena?" I asked, closing my locker, but not turning around.

"Just wanted to check up on you." She answered, "See if you're ready for your big night tomorrow." 

I'm guessing she didn't get the memo that she had no power anymore and that Bianca had already given me uniform and accepted me onto the squad. But that's just between you and I.

"I can't wait." I reply with the most artificial smile I could plaster as I turn around to view the red haired goddess dressed in a pink sweetheart neck top with a short neon green mini skirt and matching stilettos.

"Glad to hear." She smiles ever so brightly before making her way anywhere, but gladly away from me.

*

 "Gosh, what have you done to that woman, Carter? She hasn't moved her eyes since we came in here." 

Carter let out a groan and tossed the book he pretended to be reading aside. "This is why we shouldn't do our project in the library."

I shrugged. I hadn't made it noticeable that I knew about Carter's new girlfriend for a small period of time. And I'm assuming Serena didn't know. Like I had sworn before, I was keeping our relationship on a strict student to student level.

The library was my favorite place from day one, but now knowing that our librarian has a thing for Carter makes my stomach turn and I'm not sure if I can focus on a book ever again.

"Okay, let's just ignore her." I say, but then looking at her has became a short habit of mine. "Have you ever noticed that mole beside her ear?"

"Seriously, Cerise?"

"Sorry. I just come in here for the books." I say in defense.

"Whatever. Have you thought of a name yet?"

"I have actually." I say, clearing my throat as if I'm preparing to say a speech. "Rome." (Pronocunced: Rome-ee)

"It can go in the maybe box." He said, shaking my name suggestion off.

"I like it. What do you have against Romes?" I ask, smiling at the hamster in it's container.

"I dated a Rome. Blonde. And let me tell you: Not a good kisser." He says, leaning back in the chair.

I roll my eyes at the fact that he doesn't want to name our hamster the name I chose because of some barbie that can't kiss good.

"It's Rome and that's final." I announced.

"Fine, it's your hamster."

"You mean our project." I correct, handing him a few sheets of paper.

"Hey, wanna hear something funny?" He asks, sitting up in his chair.

"Now is not the time for jokes, Carter."

"I saw a girl that looked exactly like you at the 'Donovan's Ice Cream Parlor yesterday."

I stop sorting out papers at that. I straighten up in my seat and listen attentively.

"But I doubt that was you." 

"Of course not. I have no life, remember?" I say which come out more nervously said than expected.

"Right. Well let's finish up."

*

"And then Courtney, Kelly and Liza will end it off with a flyer." Bianca instructed the group of girls that were obeying her orders.

I watched as they performed their amazing stunts and felt sick in the stomach at the thought of me doing all of that. There was no way I could do it.

I tried pulling my skirt down some more, but failed. How could girls walk around in these things? They were so breezy and somewhat uncomfortable.

"Cerise, you look amazing." Bianca said when I entered the gym. She and Allison made their way over to me.

"Uh-Thanks. Do you have anything longer?" I asked her and she looked at me like I had lost it but then laughed it off.

"We're cheerleaders, honey. Not nuns." Allison retorted with a smirk, but Bianca elbowed her.

"No, we don't have anything longer." Bianca answered sweetly. "Isabella can help you with the hang of things for the meantime. Just—" 

Bianca was interrupted by the sound of the gym doors bursting open. The devil's daughter had entered and pissed was an understatement when she saw me. 

 __________________________________________________________

 A/N: Vote and Comment.