TWENTY-FOUR

༛༺༻༛
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛༛

Draco's pov

There was nobody there. At least I didn't see anyone but Eliza's face hadn't paled for no reason. The trees were still surrounded in darkness so anyone could have easily slipped away without being seen and if not, then they were still hiding between the trees. And if they were, Gods help them.

I stood, pulling my trousers up and stared closer into the trees. Still, there was nothing.

"Do you see anyone?" Eliza asked, putting her clothes back on.

"No," I shook my bead.

I stepped closer, approaching the dark forest and as I did I felt an awful chill slither up my back.

"I definitely saw someone," Eliza urged, her voice a little shaky.

I turned to her, she now sat with her pyjama trousers back on and her legs now pulled close to her chest like she was cold. Like she too felt that dreadful chill.

"I believe you," I assured her, "whoever the perv is has run away or is hiding."

Her head wobbled down into a nod and then her eyes darted to the trees again. I turned immediately, my gaze back on the dark woods but still, I saw nothing. Rage sizzled inside my veins, warming my blood and I walked up to the tree line.

"Draco," Eliza called after me, worry in her tone but she had nothing to fear as long as I was there.

Standing between the trees, hearing cracks and creaks of the forest, I peered around but still saw nobody. I pulled out my wand and muttered a simple light spell, blue light illuminating the tip. I searched, hoping to see the prick so I could beat him bloody. But nobody was there.

"Show yourself," I yelled, my voice echoing through the forest.

"Draco," I heard Eliza's voice again. This time closer. I turned and saw she was approaching me. The large sweater ate her small frame up entirely. Her arms crossed over her chest and I knew she was cold. Suddenly, I didn't want to look for the perv watching us, I just wanted to keep her warm.

"Maybe I was just seeing things," she said, standing in front of me. Instinctively, I bought my hand to her waist, tugging her close so she could feel whatever warmth I had to offer in this sudden coldness.

"Your face was as white as a ghost," I said, brushing my other hand on her cheek, "you wouldn't have paled that much just from an illusion in your head."

"I don't know," she muttered, I could sense that she was scared, and confused also. I didn't like that.

"If I find out who did it—"

"You'll what?" she raised her brow and then a smile pulled on her pretty rose lips.

I smiled back, "I'll ask them very nicely what the hell they were doing watching us."

"Very nicely?" she laughed and I was glad to see the fear was gone from her face and replaced with her beautiful smile.

"You don't think I can be nice?" I asked, gripping her waist tighter in my grasp.