✤chapter 6

the first time our eyes met, the stars smiled at us

══════ ∘◦✤◦∘ ══════

Hyuna shoved her hands deep into the trench coat pockets. The metal railing turned cold with the growing hour. Pulling out a hair clip, she pushed her hair together in a pony. The isolated harbor stood lifeless, sheltering few rustic boats. Fifteen minutes and the ship would arrive; time to recall the signal flare manual.

Hyuna turned gently to the echo of footsteps, a tall figure a few feet away. Her dark brown eyes followed the person who just walked in.

The man slowed down. The noise of his shoes knocking on the metal dock gave undesirable attention. Minho's eyes fell on the person, surprised to see it was a woman.

The distance made it tough for features, but mid-length hair and a white tulle dress were a given. He lowered his cap as he moved closer and completely passed by. The presence of a woman in the restricted area felt strange.

Hyuna felt relaxed over the fact she wasn't alone anymore. Watching the man settle on the staircase, she hoped for him to stay at least till she got on board. Night stood quiet; the sky dotted with million stars adorning the crescent moon.

The brunette rubbed her palms, transferring the heat to her cheeks. Her legs ached, waiting for long. She felt grateful to Jinki for exchanging her heels with sneakers. Too engrossed in thoughts of beginning a new life, her surroundings felt ignored.

'Hello princess,'

Hyuna twitched at the whisper. Quickly turning around, she found her forehead in contact with a revolver. Her figure glued to the spot while the man leaned closer. She desperately tried to scream but just a plea escaped her mouth, 'Don't kill me.'

'I won't,' the male smiled, unclasping the necklace above her tender collarbone. Hyuna shut her eyes close, clutching the bag tightly. The man went forward to seize the bag, but the woman resisted with a force. 'Leave it.' the man stepped forward, placing the gun below her chin.

'There's nothing in it,' Hyuna told nervously.

'I decide th-' the conversation stopped midway. Instead of seeking who knocked him, the robber tried dragging the bag Hyuna was holding as he stumbled down. The gun in his hand finding its way into water through the gap between metal bars on the railing.

The woman did not expect the firmness with which she got pulled from her captivator. A single hand wrapped around her torso, she held on to this savior's hand, his chest supporting her back.

'The lady said there's nothing, should have listened,' the stranger eventually spoke, his other hand taking out the cap. Hyuna's eyes traveled up to the man's face. His adam's apple complimented the strong jawline.

'Not so fast, hero,' another man declared. Both Minho and Hyuna turned back to find an accomplice holding Minho's treasured case. Just when Minho felt the day could not get any worse, he understood they're hemmed in by a mini mob.

'There was no signal? Yes, SM south depot.' Key clicked his fingernails against the desk, waiting for an answer. He shook his head as Jonghyun got back from putting Jojo to sleep. 'Are you sure?' Key inquired again, and the response came positive.