# "休憩する" ⤷ zhongli

❝ sweet dreams ❞

 selected route ; 休憩する (take a break)

. selected route ; 休憩する (take a break)

zhongli / rex lapis . vago mundo

. scenario - in which you allow the very tired zhongli to sleep on your lap while you finish his work

. music - love & war in your twenties : jordy searcy

tw. none

.

ZHONGLI WAS EXHAUSTED. Being a funeral consultant was one thing but dealing with Hu Tao's cheeky personality was another. Thankfully, the day was nearing twilight and his work was mostly over. Mostly. Last minute, Hu Tao dumped a metric truckload of work onto Zhongli. Consigning him to the mountains of paperwork needed to be done by tomorrow morning. As a god, Zhongli possessed an insurmountable amount of energy but sometimes, gods needed a break too. 

It was midnight when you peaked into his office and noticed that his candle was still lit and Zhongli was furiously scribbling away at the paperwork. Mountains of files, papers, and documents piled atop the block of wood that was the table. You approached him quietly, noting his pinched brows and focused amber eyes. He sat kneeled, hunched over to finish his work. Handsome indeed was the Lord of Geo.

You served as a secretary to Hu Tao (since she was far too busy trying to embalm bodies) and a close friend to Zhongli. You naturally figured that he was using a byname to pass as mortal since no human could be that pretty and be incredibly gifted in arts, intelligence, and quite literally everything. The only mortal trait he possessed was his forgetfulness and even then, it could be deemed very non-mortal like to forget to bring mora every single time you're out with him.

Zhongli was a hard worker. He served from the crack of dawn to the late hours of midnight. It often worried you but his reassurances of that he was immortal were meant to quell your worries. Still, you tried to get him to rest when you could convince him.

"Zhongli?" You whispered, immediately hearing his pen cease. His head lifted to meet your eyes. There was a red puffiness around those radiant amber orbs, a slight tiredness in them. "Oh, apologies (y/n). I didn't hear you step in."

You walked over quietly, glancing down at the pile yet to be finished. By your estimate, it was going to take up the rest of tonight by the pace he was moving at. "Hey..." You whispered, taking a seat beside the consultant. His eyes turned to you briefly before looking back to scribble on the last bit for the paperwork. "Why don't you take a break for a bit?"

A sigh escaped his lips. Amber eyes fluttered closed. It took a moment before they reopened. "I mustn't rest yet. There is yet still another pile to finish-" You hushed him, placing a finger over his lips which caused a soft pink to dance across his cheeks. "(y/n)...?"

"I have a proposal." You announced, smiling at the very tired Archon. His brow quirked upwards at this, curious to what you had to say. "I can finish the rest of the work and you will go rest."

Zhongli blinked twice, confused. "How would this contract benefit you?" You laughed, gently taking the pen from his hand. "It won't. But, I get to see your pretty face so that's good enough for me."

Heat flushed his cheeks; such a mortal emotion that he had rarely experienced. Zhongli was known to all to be very stoic and unfeeling but he couldn't help but blush at your words. It was quite unexpected indeed and you captured the image in your mind to treasure forever. He eventually nodded, scooting aside for you to take his place. As he was about to stand, you called out to him once more which grabbed his attention immediately.

"Stay. You could sleep here," you gestured to your lap. Your eyes remained fixed on the paper as you swiftly finished them one after another. Zhongli stared at you blankly before nodding in silence. He laid his head against your lap, finding himself quite comfortable laying like this. His eyes rested on you, watching as you furiously read through the documents before signing.

"I owe you my sincerest gratitude." Zhongli whispered, feeling his eyelids slowly close. A quiet laugh left your lips as your non-writing hand slip down to gently comb through his hair.

"Sweet dreams."

GOOD ENDING.

author's note

author's note.

side note. i literally don't know how to describe tables so i called it a 'block' but it's like one of these :

 i literally don't know how to describe tables so i called it a 'block' but it's like one of these :

but like pretend it doesn't cave in like that and it's just a block of wood. so he's not smacking his face against the table (although that visual is pretty funny).

° NEXT UP . CHILDE / TARTAGLIA