Chapter 13

A/N: It's my favorite Indian boys ❤️. Have I ever told y'all how much I love Agni? He didn't deserve his fate, like damn, Yana did him so dirty ;-;

But it's okay. Pure baby gets everything he deserves in this fic. He will live happily because there's no twin... and because I just won't let him die for my story plot either. 

~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Dammit! This is the 20th one now! You haven't apprehended the culprit yet, Abberline?!"

"My apologies!"

You watched Randall curse as yet another attack on British nobility was added to the count while the case was under his authority. The man cared for his reputation far more than he did the lives of the people, which was why you didn't particularly care for him. Especially now that he was pinning blame on his subordinates.

"The glory for catching Jack the Ripper already went to those brats," he grumbled, and you scowled. That was all he wanted. Glory. It was disgusting.

"Sorry for being such brats," Ciel drawled, coming forward first.

"Earl Phantomhive!" Randall almost growled, eyes moving to you. "Marchioness Fox."

"Lord Randall," you responded apathetically. The old man bristled at the clear dismissal.

"Why are you both here?" he spat, holding back his subordinate, Abberline. In your opinion, he was the one that needed holding back, not the rather innocent-looking inspector.

"Isn't it obvious?" Ciel smirked. "We're here to clean up the mess made by an old, pathetic, hunting dog."

You snorted quietly, quickly snatching the case documents from Abberline's grasp to skim over them.

"The targets are all British nobles returning from India... They're not dead either," you mused, ignoring Randall's protests by tossing the Queen's letter at his face.

"The criminals are called 'chosen children of sloth and depravity,'" Ciel observed. "Quite accurate, really."

You nodded, pulling up the letter that had been attached to the victim's body and passing the rest of the documents to Sebastian.

"What's this mark?" the little earl asked, sticking his tongue out in a way that resembled the drawing on the paper. It was cute.

"He's making a fool of us British and the Queen!" Randall yelled, face turning puce in anger. "Targeting only those who return from India means that the culprit can't be anyone other than a vulgar Indian barbarian!"

The man's words spurred a roll of your eyes. It was that kind of attitude that had probably been the inspiration to these attacks in the first place. And honestly, a barbarian likely wouldn't have been able to escape the Scotland Yard this many times regardless of how incompetent they were.

"I'm not absolutely certain, but I believe that it is a symbol of one of the Indian deities. Kali, I think, was the name," you muttered, tracing the tongue with your finger absently.

"I didn't know that you knew about Indian deities," Ciel looked at you curiously. You shrugged.

"Knowledge is power. I dabble in everything, and since Britain is so strongly connected to India, I thought it would make sense to learn about the country."

"Nonsense! It's simply an insult to our country!" Randall exclaimed. You clicked your tongue in irritation. He's so thick-headed.

"I think we know enough to make a move," you sighed. Randall never got easier to deal with even after several years of cleaning up after his failures. Hearing him yap about both you and Ciel in complaint always hurt your ears, and you didn't think you could stand anymore of it today. Ciel nodded.