Chapter 1

After your conversation with Queen Victoria, she had let you grab your belongings, which weren't much. Everything you owned had been stolen from various nobles, so you only brought along a bag's worth of money and weapons, and a rapier sword that swung at your hip.

You'd hesitated to show the old woman the true extent of your abilities, but after some deliberation, had admitted to the basic things you were able to do. She would've found out eventually anyways. To your surprise, the queen had little reaction, merely telling you that it seemed you were blessed with the gifts required for the position of Royal Vixen, as if fate had determined it.

"Your Majesty? Will I be staying at the Fox estate? Or will I be staying at the palace?" you wondered. With the previous Marchioness and her relations dead, you doubted any of the servants had stayed. There was no doubt that the manor would be in a terrible condition. You didn't like the thought of being alone in such a huge place right off the bat either. It would feel too wrong.

"Whichever it is you prefer, my dear girl," the old woman smiled. "It would perhaps be easier to remain in the palace for now."

You nodded. "That would be my preference as well..."

The carriage slowed to a stop in front of a tailor shop. Hopkins' Tailor Shop?

"Your Majesty?" you looked at her questioningly.

"New clothes, child. It would be best to get those first." Right. You nodded.

The carriage door opened to reveal John, who held out his hand to you. "My lady," he murmured. It feels so weird to be called that now that it's actually true... You placed your hand in his and stepped down from the carriage before striding over to the shop's doors. The queen's aide followed close behind. The action prompted you to give him a strange glance.

"You won't be staying with Her Majesty, Sir John?"

"Her Majesty has requested I stay with you for the duration of your fitting."

"... I see."

The doors opened to reveal a quaint shop with a display of outfits, each a design you'd never seen before. They were all rather interesting, in all honesty. Very unlike the suffocating outfits you'd seen many noble women wearing.

"Hello~! Welcome to—" a glasses wearing woman peaked out from the storage room, before cutting herself off with a gasp. "Who is this cute little lady?!" she zoomed over and grinned widely, leaning in close.

You blinked, bewildered as she got even closer, inspecting you from head to toe, muttering to herself as her eyes shone with excitement. John cleared his throat from behind you.

"This is Lady (Y/n), the soon to be appointed Marchioness Fox," he introduced. "My lady, this is Madam Nina Hopkins."

"Just call me Miss Nina~!" she smiled. "I would love to hear my name from such an adorable little girl~"

"R-Right," you stuttered, still adjusting to the woman's... eccentrics. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Nina."

She squealed, hugging you tight. "Oh, my imagination is overflowing~ Your figure is quite nice, such a nice model to work with~"

"M-Miss Nina?" you resisted the urge to squeak when she started... groping you, for the lack of better words.

"Just taking measurements, dear~" she backed off, eyes gleaming. "Slim waist, long legs, a lovely face, a delicate silhouette... Oh yes, yes, I've got it!!!" she cried, pulling out a stack of papers and a pen.

She quickly scribbled down what you assumed were outfit designs, rambling to herself.

"Now, what exactly are we looking for, dear (Y/n)?" she asked, peering at you through her glasses.