Chapter 3

A/N: So I mayyyy have lied about reducing the death count. The only people I think I can end up saving at the moment are the circus members... so everyone else? Dead. Oops.

The first half? Fluff-ish. The second half? Well... I don't really know how to write dramatic action scenes yet so um. Don't be too disappointed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

~-~-~-~-~-~-

Your integration into a life of nobility was rather smooth. Smoother than anyone had ever expected from a girl picked off the streets, really. It happened far more quickly than they had anticipated too. Those who had laughed in your face were now far beneath you in everything, whether it was reputation or wealth, appearance or connections.

Three years had passed. Viscount Vaughan and Baron Grayson were no longer a part of society, one having died by a random heart attack, and the other by a mysterious illness. Your tasks came as naturally as breathing, and no one was suspicious of their nobles dropping.

After your introduction to nobility, you had visited the alley where you'd met those poor children, only to find that they were no longer there. You worried for a bit, but knew you couldn't really do much other than hope that they had better living conditions than they had before. Instead, you put more effort in donating your business' profits to orphanages... after checking to make sure they were doing their jobs properly, of course. If the matrons were unsatisfactory, you made sure they were no longer a part of the orphanage before actually sending the funds.

Your business was doing very well, having earned enough money to pay off all debts that the Fox and Corbyn houses had fallen into in the past decade. Mr. Allen was now a baker in your chain of bakeries, receiving far better pay than before. Hilda had become your personal maid for all duties, as Queen Victoria had suggested that she become a maid of the House of Fox rather than the palace. You had been extremely touched when the elder maid agreed without hesitation.

The carriage finally stopped, and you turned away from the window to get out. You walked up to the doors of the Phantomhive manor, where Tanaka had come out to greet you with a smile.

"Lady (Y/n), the lord is waiting for you," he bowed, sending you a kind smile.

"Thank you, Tanaka," you replied. "It's good to see you're doing well."

"I'm humbled and honored by your concern, my lady, but there is no need for a mere butler like me," he chuckled.

"Nonsense~ You should tell me a bit more about your home country sometime," you grinned as he guided you through the manor.

"Perhaps another day," he nodded, opening the parlor doors, revealing the Aristocrats of Evil.

You gave a nod of greeting to the occupants of the room before making your way to Vincent.

"(Y/n)~" the guard dog waved with a rather childish voice. You gave him a closed eyed smile so that he didn't see the exasperated roll of your eyes.

"Uncle Vincent," you greeted, turning to his companion who's lowkey his servant. "Lord Diedrich."

"...Marchioness," the German noble acknowledged. "I'm surprised you manage to put up with this idiot. I wonder how you do it."

"I wonder too~" you shrugged playfully. "Sometimes I consider running off with Auntie Rachel and Ciel. I rather sympathize with Aunt Francis for having to deal with him for so many years too."

Vincent pouted dramatically. "How mean."

There was a hysterical burst of giggles from behind you at your conversation, causing you to turn back.