Chapter 9

A/N: Let's begin the Red Butler Arc~ I thought this chapter jumped around too much but meh. A lot of the dialogue was important, unfortunately. I'm too tired to proofread more than twice, so uh, sorry if my dumb ass brain missed a stupid mistake.

~-~-~-~-~-~-

"It's been a while since we've been to the townhouse in London, hasn't it?" you asked idly as you, Ciel, and Sebastian strolled to the entrance. "Even if this visit is just for a mission."

Ciel sighed, looking tired and annoyed. What else is new? "Regardless of who sent that letter, I hate crowded places."

"Well, it is the social season, and we're in London. It was unavoidable," you pointed out dryly.

"Think about it, young master. Being away from those four will be far more peaceful," Sebastian smiled. Ciel grimaced, and you nearly did the same. As much as you liked them all, they were no doubt, an eccentric bunch. They were rather loud and chaotic (minus Tanaka), and quite honestly, all of you needed a small break from that. None of you were full of the limitless energy that the Phantomhive servant trio seemed to have.

"He does have a point," you exhaled. Ciel hummed in agreement as Sebastian opened the door and...

"Jeez, where do they put the tea leaves in this house?"

"I can't find them either."

The three of you face-faulted. Well, Sebastian did internally.

"Madam Red? Lau?" you raised an eyebrow, exasperation crawling up your spine.

"Why are you here?" Ciel twitched, clearly on the last string of his patience.

"Well, I heard you were visiting London. How could I not stop by?" she smirked. "Besides, it's been so long since I've seen (Y/n). And none of that 'Madam Red' nonsense dear, just call me Auntie An," she cooed, bringing you into a hug.

"Auntie An..." you sighed. "Well, whatever. What are you doing here then, Lau?"

The Chinese man also gave you a smirk, and you felt the nonchalance rolling off of him in waves. It was times like this that you were grateful for your powers, because dammit you couldn't read this man when his eyes were shut 99% of the time.

"Many interesting things happen around you two. I couldn't help myself and came here," he shrugged, smiling.

They both have such wishy-washy reasons...

"We didn't know guests would be coming. I apologize for not accommodating you earlier," Sebastian bowed.

He sounded perfectly neutral to most ears, but you'd known him for the past two years, and being the most common cause of his irritation, you could easily tell that he was incredibly displeased by the intrusion.

"I'll go prepare some tea for you both immediately," he said as he exited the room. You were pretty sure he was going to throw a silent tantrum on his lonesome in the kitchen.

A few minutes later, as per the usual, the drinks were all out. You took a sip as Sebastian spoke to Madam Red.

"My, it's the same kind of tea, but the way you make it makes such a difference in the taste," she praised. You smiled into the rim of your cup. After all, you had been the one that taught Sebastian that preparation technique back when his tea tasted like utter shit. "Grell, you should follow his example," Madam Red lectured her butler.

Grell looked nervous as he agreed. "Y-Yes..."

Poor butler... Sebastian's standards are inhumane, you thought as you glanced at the Durless servant. However, you felt your brows furrow more the longer you looked. That's strange...