Papyrus' Nightmare

A quiet whine came from the small skeleton, that was laying in the race car bed. Tossing and turning around in their sleep as they tried to get back to a peaceful state of sleep. Beads of sweat forming and rolling down their skull, while their body twitched every now an then. Automatically reacting to the events in their dream.

"Mmm... No... No... No don't." They quietly muttered. Panting under their breath as their bones quietly rattled. After a few more turns in their sleep the small skeleton quickly sat up.

Papyrus gasped for air as tears rolled down his cheeks. Still in slight shock from his dream. He then quickly looked around the room. Taking in everything that was lit up by the nightlight on the low bookshelf.

He saw his father's blaster as it floated there between his and his brothers bed. The blaster looked at Papyrus and seemed worried. He ignored the blaster.

Kicking his blankets off and quickly climbing out of his bed. Speed walking over to his eldest brothers bed.

Taking a few careful breaths as he looked at the eldest skeleton. Sans laid in bed. Wearing his star pajamas. Peacefully sleeping the night away. 'SANS IS OKAY. HE'S FINE... BUT WHAT ABOUT DAD?'

His thoughts started to rave as he made his way to the bedroom door. Not even checking the time as he carefully opened the door.

Slowly opening it and walking out of the room. He stopped outside the door and stayed still for only a split second. The house was completely silent. A light turned on down stairs in the kitchen. Sometimes their father would accidentally leave the kitchen Light on at night.

He didn't think much of it as the tiny skeleton carefully made his way down the hall. Wood squeakubf and creaking under his feet. He needed to check. He had to be sure.

Stopping outside of the door at the end of the hall. Placing a hand on the door knob and slowly turning it. Slowly the small skeleton Walker into the room and looked up at the bed.

His body shook as he looked up at the skeleton that was peacefully laying there. He took a slow quiet breath and relaxed a little. 'THERE OKAY. THEIR BOTH OKAY!' His thoughts kept racing as a very quiet whine like sound left him.

Slowly retreating from the room and rubbing his arm. Stepping out into the hall Papyrus took a slow shaky breath. "Th-They're okay... it was only a bad dream... a very very bad dream." Muttering to himself. Trying to reason with himself.

A small frown formed on his face as he slowly made his way to the stairs. Wanting to turn the kitchen light of for his Dad.

He quietly talked to himself as he walked down the stairs. "Th-They're okay... it was all a bad dream.. thing more. Just a very bad dream." Shaking his head, the small skeleton stood at the bottom of the stairs and thought.

"M-Maybe I should grab a glass of milk." He quietly walked through the living room. Staring at the floor. He didn't want to wake Nightmare or Dream up. Only to stop as he heard the movement of paper.

Papyrus then looked up at the dinning room table. Nightmare sat at the table. Looking down at a random book that he had out. A small quiet mellow melody, was being softly hummed by the purple skeleton.

He was using the kitchen light to read. "Nootmare? Why are you up?" Papyrus sniffed. Tapping his fingers together as he walked up to the older skeleton.