𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

Letting in a soft intake of air, Rory's eyes rolled into the back of her head ad she began quietly chanting the spell she once used on Rose.

"Relego omni morbo a in arce, et sones eius dafe."

As she continued to say the spell, the apartment began to slightly tremble under her strength. Blood began pouring out of her nose, small droplets falling onto her shirt, staining the green fabric. In reality, Rory had no clue if it was going to work or not, when she did it first, she surprised herself with the power that she had. It took so much out of her. Doing it again would be a miracle.

Damon's eyes rolled into the back of his head as well, feeling a sensation of something he had never felt before. It felt like a mixture of hot needles and frozen razor blades ripping through his veins. But in a way, it was comforting?

Katherine stood in place, her mouth now open in shock, never knowing that this small witch had that much power to herself. She knew she had done it once before, but seeing it happening right before her eyes, was a whole different story.

After three long yet short minutes, the room was left with books scattered on the floor, blankets strewn about. Rory's hands fell limp to her sides, as she began to fall. Katherine was quick enough to catch the girl in her arms.

Looking at her worriedly, the vampire gently set her onto the other end of the couch, brushing the stray hairs out of her face. Seeing the amount of blood that had escaped her body from her nose alone, unsettled her. 

She was deeply unconscious.

Damon's eyes continued to avert back and forth between his arm and his sister. The pain began to slowly recede as the redness toned down. 

"She- she..." He stuttered out looking at Katherine who placed a small kiss onto Rory's forehead before standing up and looking at him. "She saved you and your pathetic life. I don't know how to tell you this lightly, but you didn't deserve that. Rory did it for you. No matter how much of a douchebag you were to her, she still helped you. But, I suppose because she was your family. But you were never hers."

The Salvatore vampire was left speechless. His brain was going into overdrive with emotion and thoughts. Every nerve was ticking, replaying Katherine's words on a loop. Nine words sticking like glue.

She was your family
But you were never hers.

Damon's face remained stoic and blank as he processed everything. Maybe he didn't deserved to be saved. Maybe he didn't deserve anything. Maybe...

"Where is Aurora?" A voice came from the doorway.

Both vampires look up to see Elijah standing there, with an anxious look resting upon his face. Damon and Katherine look back at each other, before looking at the small girl who rested on the couch.

"What happened? Is she okay? Did she get hurt?" Elijah asked frantically, his brows furrowing in concern. He still stood by the door, unable to enter on his own.

"She- She saved me." Damon whispered out, his eyes locked on his forearm once more. 

Everyone's eyes snapped in the direction of the witch when she woke up with a start, taking a sharp intake of air. Her face was covered with a sheer lining of sweat, the blood now being dried on both her lower face, and shirt.

Rory looked around the room to see all three of the vampires looking at her, and her face contorted into a tired, lazy smile when she saw Elijah.

"Hey, man." She said, her words being slurred from her own exhaustion.