8

"alright, alright, everyone come in," daichi said as he opened the front door, letting the kids cautiously come into his house. he thanked himself for thinking ahead and opening the window in the morning, at least the air was fresh and not as heavy as it was yesterday.

the kids all walked in, looking around as they took their little steps. the hallway, while not that spacious, provided room for everyone to take off their shoes, if you could even call whatever was on the kids feet shoes - daichi had asked chikara to buy new ones, so hopefully those were in the bag somewhere.

daichi, at first, struggled to find the lightswtich, he never really turned on the light in the living room since he would only pass it without looking at anything or doing anything in it, but it would be better if he could see the kids that had scattered into the living room, exploring the new space. looking at them from a distance, it hurt daichi's heart even more - they were so small, and yet... what things have they witnessed?

the kids weren't sure what to even do in this space. it was much bigger than the room they were in. daichi could see the confusion on their faces, as well as others things. they were dirty and in need of a bath. as daichi set the bag down on the sofa, he rummaged through the bag, feeling the children's eyes on him. he finally came across the bottle of kids shampoo that ennoshita had bought...

"oh god..." daichi closed his eyes for a second, realizing that he himself will have to give them all a bath, he barely takes baths himself and now he has to deliver one for kids? with his rough hands? he couldn't remember the last time he was gentle, he even greets his colleagues by gripping them tightly and hugging the soul out of them.

but perhaps this was the perfect time to learn. as he had his eyes closed, thinking about anything and everything that had led up to this point in his life, he felt a tug on his pants. he opened his eyes to see the orange-haired boy looking at him with big eyes, big beautiful eyes that held no hostility towards daichi.

"mister... we are hungry..." he said quietly, now lowering his gaze down.

"oh, of course you are, hey everyone comes here" daichi squated down and ushered everyone to come, as they all gathered around him, daichi spoke again. "how about we take a bath... and eat pizza later?" daichi knew damn well it was the middle of the night, but he had no other choice.

"what is pizza?" the freckled boy asked, his gaze curious.

"you never had pizza before?" daichi furrowed his eyebrows, deep down wishing to never learn about what things they went through.

"no... i don't think so. tsukki, do you know what pizza is?" the freckled boy turned to the blond boy who shook his head and murmured a small "no". tsukki? must be a nickname.

"it's very very very tasty! so, what do you say? bath and pizza?" daichi watched as the kids nodded frantically, small smiles crept on their faces. daichi then proceeded to point at the staircase leading to the second floor. there were three bathrooms and one for sure was squeaky clean. "let's go then"

the children darted towards the stairs, catching daichi off guard. he grabbed the bag and rushed after them, hoping that none of them decide to venture into his bedroom. to his surprise, they were all standing in the hallway, waiting for daichi to come up. he pointed then at the door behind them, the guest bedroom. "that room right there" he said.

the gues bedroom to his luck was clean and untouched. as the kids piled into it and looked around, daichi couldn't help but recall the lack of bed in the room that they were in. at least now they will be able to rest easy. daichi opened the bathroom door, delighted himself that it was squeaky clean. "okay, in you go!" daichi said.