There's that light again

ابدأ من البداية

Bakugo looked back at Killua and Gon who were chatting casually again. 'If these two and Bisky are the UA traitors, we have some major competition.' Bakugo thought, knowing that no one in their class is near their level of combat performance. Bakugo looked at the rings that Killua and Gon both wore on their pointer finger. Maybe it was just a stupid BFF ring that they both got because they're childish idiots. Maybe it had something to do with the league. But Bakugo knew that they would fiddle with it whenever they were talking suspiciously.

---

It was almost sunset. All the students had gone back home. 

Todoroki had gone back home and got a pat on the back from his older brother, Natsuo, and sister, Fuyumi. He wanted to have more of a family. He didn't know that he can simply choose who he wants to be family with until Gon told him. He asked his siblings if they could come with him to visit mom and they could all catch up. They were glad that their baby brother was finally reaching out to them and mom. It always hurt Fuyumi to see her brothers suffer so much. Touya would get burns because he would be pushed past his quirk limit. Natsuo was devastated because he was closer to Touya than she was. Then there was Shoto who was overworked, secluded, and didn't even have a decent relationship with mom. "Of course we will go with you." Fuyumi said, hugging Shoto. Natsuo joined the hug and an hour later they went to the hospital their mom was at. 

Bakugo was back at his house. He locked himself in his room for the most of it, not wanting to be teased by the hag. He lied in bed, thinking about how things could go down if Killua, Gon, and Bisky were really traitors. Would they kill the whole class? maybe. Are they going to mess up this entire generation of future hero's though infiltrating UA? Possibly, but that'll be hard.

He thought for a little while longer and sighed heavily when he heard his mom's footsteps coming towards his room. The door opened and she didn't yell at him to get off his butt oddly enough. "Hey, lets go make some brownies." She offered, putting an excited  vibe in the room. She wanted him to cheer up and have him stop sulking about his loss.

"Hell no. I don't want to." He spat.

"Get off your disrespectful ass and come make brownies or something! I know you wanted to win but that doesn't mean you can be a brat!" She ordered, smacking him with a pillow. 

Bakugo got off the bed, mumbling curses and left the room, going to the kitchen before Mitsuki could smack him again. 

She huffed in annoyance, but was still glad she managed to get him out of his room. Her son was stubborn and she didn't have the patience to be all kind and gentle like her old friend Inko does with her son.

Bakugo made brownies alone in the kitchen and it took his mind off things. It was nice. When they were in the oven, he would sit on the floor and watch the batter rise while playing with old alligator bag clips, making it bite his fingers. 

While Bakugo was doing that, the hunters were all at their house. Bisky was sorting out some paperwork for the house and actually paying the monthly bills. Killua and Gon came back inside from being in the backyard. "How did sparring go?"

"It was good. Gon and I were talking about the game." Killua said taking a seat and Gon followed his example.

Bisky put down the paper that she was holding. "What about it?" 

"Well we knew about missions already and that the only time we don't all hear the chime is when were too far away from each other, right?"

"Right." 

"Well at the sports festival, Gon and I got different chimes."

"Oh like what?"

"Well Gon got a mission to get the first place medal. I didn't know about it or hear that. He was standing only a yard away from me."

"Didn't that happen last time though?"

"No, we both got the chime last time. Its like the game wanted only him to do it."

"Maybe Ging made it that way?" Gon suggested. 

"But wasn't this game meant for all hunters?" Killua asked.

"Well yeah but maybe he knew I was gonna win?" Gon tried to convince Killua. 

"That may be true, but I don't think that's the reason why this is happening." Killua said. 

Bisky quirked her brow, "Why do you think it's happening then?"

"I don't know anything for sure, Greed island was made to make us stronger as we played. It would make sense for this to be the same. The game might be trying to make gon stronger by forcing him to get the medal."

"Couldn't the game make us both get medals though?" Gon asked. "There were three."

"Maybe there is such things as solo missions and Gon was the first one that got one." Bisky pondered.

"That's the most likely answer, but it still docent explain  why gon wasn't able to get the other cards that I heard about."

"The game probably didn't want you getting in the way of Gon and his mission." Bisky said, picking up the paper that she had put down earlier.

Killua's posture lost that sense of life, 'I'm in the way?' He thought sadly. 

"Maybe the game just wanted Killua to take some work off my shoulders so I can do the mission!" Gon suggested brightly, knowing that Killua wasn't a burden.

'There's that light of his again.' Killua thought, looking up at Gon who was smiling at him. Killua softly smiled back and felt his body lighten, the bad feelings subsiding at the reassurance Gon unknowingly gave. 

The next chapter might take a bit longer than my usual 3 weeks that I've been doing my best to keep up with, but on 3/17/21 through 3/28/21 I'm going on vacation in the mountains and am not going to have service at all with the possible exception of when we drive to the store. So that leaves me with a weird update timeline. I'm going to work on the next chap during the weeks before my trip, but there is no promise that I can finish it beforehand. So that's that. 

Next update will be sometime between now April 10th because I'm going to not have service for two weeks!