s e v e n t e e n

<<<>>>

"guys, have any of you reached out to yeonjun since he left?" hyunjin asked, picking at his plate of food.

"he specifically said not to contact him, that he didn't care for any of us and would be happy if we were no longer in his life--" jungwoo started, rolling his eyes. "so no, I haven't."

"but yeonjun was happy here with us, I find it hard to believe he would say something like that." hyunjin breathed in and out, looking towards mina.

"jinnie, everyday we have the same conversation. you know how we feel about him, so why ask over and over?" mina placed a hand on hyunjins shoulder, and raising her eyebrows.

"i guess i just miss him." the table went silent.

hyunjin looked at the three others at the table, seeing a look of hurt and tiredness.

"we may or may not miss him to jinnie, but we don't want someone who doesn't wants us." sanha threw in, standing up and throwing his lunch away.

"classes are going to start soon, let's go." mina grabbed hyunjins lunch and threw it away for him, linking her arm with his and heading to class.

<>

once again, hyunjin collapsed on the cold dance floor, leaning back against the tall mirror, alone.

classes were done for the day which meant hyunjin would go to the dance studio.

usually, him and yeonjun would go together. they were the best dance duo. people gushed at how cute and talented they were all the time. they were the schools main dancers.

they were always together, during or after school. sometimes they'd even facetime each other if they couldn't be around each other. they grew so close to the point they sometimes didn't know how to be apart.

the day yeonjun had confessed to hyunjin was by far, the best day for hyunjin. though he seemed shocked, and didn't answer right away, he was happy. happy that the boy he had liked for years, was now confessing to him.

he was definitely going to confess himself, though yeonjuns mother had stormed in quite angry and made him leave.

since then, he hasn't heard from yeonjun and quite frankly, he was nervous or scared to message him.

+ the day after yeonjun confessed  +

yeonjun had just been dropped off at the school, his mom on his way back to there house to finish up some business.

when she had gotten home, she instantly went to the kitchen table and stared down at the four pieces of paper, letters.

one for each of yeonjuns closest friends.

mina

dear god, being friends with you hasn't been easy. your one quite annoying girl, you know that? well, just thought id get that off my chest since this is more of a goodbye. I can't stand you guys anymore, and I want to start new.

im leaving, don't contact me. I don't need your rat voice following me around.

do. not. try. and. contact. me.