Chapter 1

Hey guys, this is my first book. Please let me know if you have any suggestions! The first chapter is kind of boring it's just letting you get to know Genevieve Smith (the main character) and the setting. It is also pretty short. Hope you enjoy! Also, follow me on TikTok: nova_13191131

****PLEASE READ*** this chapter is actually more like a prologue but I don't feel like changing the name of every chapter!!

It's my junior year of high school, I am sixteen turning seventeen in a couple of months. But today my birthday is irrelevant (not that it is even relevant on my birthday) because today is my best friend's birthday. Carley is my best friend. Kind of. She is the only person I ever talk to but she isn't really the nicest to me all the time. I mean I get it I am the nerd and laughing stock of the school. I wear glasses and sweaters and don't show off my skin or body like other girls do and like the boys want girls to. I wouldn't want to be my friend either.

Carley invited me to go clubbing with her for her birthday. We are clearly underage so my first response was no, but she said she would tell the whole school that I have the biggest crush on Holden if I don't go. So I was forced to agree.

Holden is the school's star quarterback. The heartthrob. His blonde, shaggy hair and bright blue eyes are just jaw dropping. And I am one of the many girls in love with him.

But anyway, that is how I got here. Standing in a club, next to Carley, wearing a plaid black and white skirt and a white sweater. But seeing how the other girls are dressed, I don't think I dressed correctly.

Later into the night, all the other girls are drunk but I didn't drink anything, it's bad enough that I am here I don't want to also drink underage. It would completely ruin my chances at college. I can only imagine how awful community college would be,

"May I get a water please," I ask the bartender as I sit down in an empty seat. He gives me an odd look but still gets me my water.

"Genevieve come here!" Carley calls out with a slight slur in her voice.

I walk over reluctantly, "Drink this," she says as she hands me a drink.

"N-no I'm good, thanks though."

"Okay, well I guess I will just have to tell everyone that you like-"

"OKAY! Okay, I will drink it." I give in, having everyone know I like Holden would be awful.

I take a couple of sips and give the girls a slight smile. The drink burns the back of my throat and I cough a little. I then go sit back down at the bar with my water. After a minute or two, I start to feel really dizzy.

"Woah there pretty girl, you must be drunk." I heard an unknown man say as he picks me up and carries me bridal style. I try to tell him, no but my lips don't move. Nothing moves.

The next thing I know, I am waking up on a cold cement floor in a room with plain walls made of cement, almost like a cell. My head pounding. I look around to see a couple of other girls looking scared and dressed in super revealing clothes. I look down to see I am wearing the same thing as all the other girls.

Oh my god. Carley drugged me and now I am here. Wherever 'here' is anyway.

"W-where am I?" I asked the blonde girl to my right. She had long, pin-straight hair and bright blue eyes.

"You're in the Russian mafias whore house." She said with a little bit of anger tinged in her voice.

I didn't even have time to process what she said because right after she said that, He walked in. The face I would never forget. Will never forget.

"And what's your name, new girl," He asked looking straight at me.

I did not respond right away. I was too busy thinking about how mad I am at Carley. It is probably useless to be mad because chances are I will never see her again. Chances are I will never get out of here. I was so lost in thought I forgot to respond.

"Hey, I am speaking to you!" He says staring at me with cold dark grey eyes.

"E-Eve." I can't give away my real name. I don't know what's going to happen in here but it's not going to be good. The least I can do is hide my identity. I have a feeling I won't be able to hide much else.