Leo x Elsa reader

Start from the beginning

"What? What is this? Are you frozen? Do you need something warm? Are you okay?" I could've laughed at his confusion. He thought the ice was coming off of me; not from me. Maybe if I left now, he'd just assume I was stolen by these weird men and kept frozen.

"J-just leave me alone. Please." I stammered as I turned, almost slamming into another figure. Another turtle; and, there were two more standing behind him. There were beaten and broken men all around them on the floor; not moving. I subtly shifted my hands in front of me, fists clenched for protection. Red in front with a glare on his face, and orange and purple wearing guarded and confused expressions. Guarded and confused. Glaring. They were scared of me. They were wary of me. They hated me.

"Wait-" The one in blue shouted from behind me as I shoved past the other three turtles and burst through the door, taking off in a random direction. I clenched my fists as I turned into an alleyway and kept pushing, reaching a dead-end. Looking around, I quickly reached for a ladder's rungs and began climbing as fast as I could. I couldn't help but feel like I was being followed. By who, I didn't know.

Shoving the platinum blonde hair that rested over my shoulders inside my jacket hoodie, I pulled it over my head and let my eyes wander the rooftops. There was no one in sight. I relaxed as I shoved my hands inside the hoodie pockets and began walking slowly, trying to mask my steps with lingering silence.

"You're very fast." Gasping, I spun around, ignoring the way the hoodie fell off my head, revealing my hair. "Why'd you run?" I gulped quietly and began moving my hands out of my pockets, glancing around for escape routes. We were on a building with the same all around. I could escape anyway I wanted. But, there was no point if he was going to be following me again.

"I was scared." I answered honestly. I didn't want to say why, though.

"That's not all. The Kraang were all defeated when you fled. So, I'm going to ask you one more time. Why," He started striding towards me, hands out as if keeping me at bay. "-did you run?" I was shaking at this point, my hands flexing as I measured the distance between us. If I could freeze the floor and leave spikes, I would have a chance of escaping if I jumped straight off a building and could make it somewhere where there's a small crowd of people. Something told me these turtles weren't quiet exposed to people just yet.

"Okay, you got me." I pretended to sigh in defeat, but was really readying myself to sprint away. "I ran because, well; this." I suddenly bent one knee in front of the other as I thrust my hands out and let my icy powers take over my body. White flew from my hands at the speed of light, leaving little tingles and shivers to dance down my fingers and palms. Within a second, the entire rooftop was covered with ice in a sheen like an ice rink. Then, moving my left hand up as the other stayed just in case he tried anything tricky, I quickly made a few icicles protruding from the ground to face him, as a warning.

"What are you?" He asked, staring down at his feet as he tried to stay upright. I furrowed my eyebrows sadly, my head lingering on the face that he had asked me "what" I was. I was a human being. Someone with feelings. Someone that has- had family. Someone that wanted to jump off a building right about now. New York was no place for someone like me. I could go somewhere North, where ice powers wouldn't be noticed all that much.

"Leaving." I muttered as I turned to walk away. Suddenly, there was a soft whoosh from above me. I turned around to see what was going on, only to see the blue turtle gone. All that remained was my ice and shards. I slowly held my hand out to melt them, keeping my head still to look as if I weren't suspicious, even though I moved my eyes quickly, trying to locate the now-missing turtle.

"So, you can control ice. That's why there was ice on your hand when I grabbed it. You ran because you didn't want anyone knowing about it. Are you a mutant? Like me? Or, something else?" I slowly turned to see him sitting on the edge of the building, facing away from me.

"I was born like this. My mom died giving birth to me and my dad disappeared shortly after that. I always knew there was something wrong with me, so I never stayed in one place for long. Those, what, Kraang? Yeah, they caught me at a bad time. I'm just trying to find someone that can help me control it. I'm tired of wearing gloves and fleeing. Either that or I go as far North as I can and disappear." I stopped, hesitating to sit next to the turtle. Finally, with a sigh, I did, leaning away slightly.

"What's your name?" He asked, leaning towards me, as if telling me I could trust myself.

"(Y/n). What's yours?" He held his hand out in front of him and smiled slightly, tilting his head. I stared down at it as he spoke.

"Leonardo." I gulped and took his hand slowly, holding my breath as we shook; slowly. After realizing he wasn't freaking out, I smiled down at our hands and then back up, looking at him happily. "Sorry, I'm a turtle, so I can't take a whole lot of cold. But, I think I know someone who can help you control your emotions."

"Really?" I asked, excitedly as I stood up, sheepishly clearing away some ice as it froze around my feet. Leonardo just laughed, standing up beside me.

"Yes, he's gotten very good at controlling his anger, so I think he'll be able to help you with your feelings." With excitement, I bound forward and threw my arms around Leo, careful to not touch him at all.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much you're helping me right now." Leo let out a breathy chuckle. slowly bringing his arms around to hold me closer.

"Yeah, you either." He muttered to himself as he tilted his head and closed his eyes, able to relax for just a second against the girl that had no clue that she was already changing his life; for the better.

I hate being sick.